“Best Italian outside of Naples”

Max's Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #27 of 174 Restaurants in Kampot
Price range: €4 - €9
Description: Situated on riverside next door to the famous rusty key hole our restaurant is a small Italian corner. All the ingredients for food and all wine are import from Italy. We are Italian team and we know our food and the best Italian hospitality.
Reviewed 28 March 2024

This is a fantastic pizza restaurant we had the veggie and Gorgonzola with artichoke wow just so authentic and delicious we are returning tomorrow

Date of visit: March 2024

Reviewed 18 February 2024

We ordered two pizzas - a four formaggio (four cheeses), and a Napoli, The pizzas are thin crust pizza but the toppings left much to be desired. The four cheese pizza was without any of the blue cheese usually found on this type of pizza and tasted as though very little cheese other than mozzarella had been used resulting in a rather tasteless ensemble. The Napoli fared a little better with anchovies and capers but yet still managed to leave one underwhelmed.

Date of visit: February 2024
massimiliano bertolini, Proprietario at Max's Bar & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2024

Good morning, the only thing I can do is apologize, the pizza chef wasn't well, the oven light burned out and you couldn't see anything, they sent me a sweet gorgonzola instead of the spicy one so it doesn't taste much on the pizza, if then you add that there were a lot of people and the result was terrible. I hope you will come back again and maybe have a better experience.
Have a good day Max

Reviewed 28 May 2023

I have visited Max’s several times since arriving in town a few months ago. The pizzas are excellent, although they were not too pleased when I requested an Hawain Pizza!
It is also an excellent location on the riverside, and the guys are all welcoming with impeccable Italian style.

Date of visit: May 2023
Reviewed 3 February 2023 via mobile

Very good pizzas and gnocchis. Italian people from Verona that run the place, good price. We went there several times to eat more Italian food !

Date of visit: February 2023
Reviewed 17 September 2020

Probable one of the worst pizza's I have ever had. The restaurant was not busy and I ordered a to-go pizza. It took the pizza maker 10 minutes to decide to start making the pizza even though he had no orders. As far as looks of the the pizza, it was the usual low temperature oven cooked cracker-crust pizza I have come to expect in Cambodia. The sauce had no flavor, but the cheese tasted very off. I eat some of the pizza and the taste was terrible. I threw most of the pizza away and my stomach was very upset for hours after and it left a bad taste in my mouth. It wasn't the worst pizza I have ever had in Cambodia, but it was a close second.

Date of visit: September 2020