All reviews tacos live music taco tuesdays tuesday night rooftop bar family dinner every night burger night cats and dogs ping pong table tuk tuk fantastic hostel great atmosphere awesome stay chilled vibe cheap drinks favourite hostel incredible staff
Reviewed 2 September 2018

My husband and I are a little older than their average guests but we were made to feel extremely welcome and at home just the same. The staff are very attentive, the rooms are very clean and we found the rooftop bar and swimming pool great places to relax after long days exploring the town. Live music on Tuesday's is a must and they had just started doing quiz nights on Sunday which was a real highlight of our trip. The burgers on Sunday cannot be missed! Delicious toppings, one of the best meals we had in Cambodia. We booked for 2 nights and extended another 2 because we felt so comfortable. We would definitely recommend Karma Traders and will be back!

Room tip: Private rooms are in separate buildings from the dorms and rooftop bar which is great for a quiet nights sleep
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elmtreehouse
Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay here. The staff was really nice! They had a lot of sweet cats And dogs. Met some interesting people. And it was easy to arrange things from the hostel, they provided me with good information. I would definantly come back. One tip: bring some earplugs if your in the dorm below the rooftop And want to go to bed early ;)

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

Almost in the middle of a 7 month tour of SE Asia, was recommended to check out Karma Traders in Kampot from a meeting in Phnom Penh. Planned a 3 night stay which morphed into a full week in order to not miss Taco Tuesday!

Excellent hospitality and entertainment with a music and quiz night in the weekly mix, ever evolving food menu within a social context of a group meal in the evening and of course a well stocked bar with offers and deals to suit your relaxation needs.

I chose a double room with AC for my stay as it for my budget comfortably and was very clean and comfortable. No road noise or thumping music as the hostel is located a short way from town centre but well connected via tuktuk or motorbike should you choose to rent.

My favourite stop on the tour so far for atmosphere and fellow travellers on the road. More sophisticated than your usual gap year backpacker spot and less formal than a hotel - a great find and a true rarity.

A big shout out the all the staff - Courtney, Jolly, Khayyam, Rakhee, Elliot, Jack and all of the locals whose names I forget. Jack will be especially missed for his constant words of wisdom and moments of inspirational insight. Your hard work and effort makes this place - long live Karma Traders!

1  Thank Christopher E
Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Karma Traders is by far one of the best Hostels I've stayed in!
The whole place is clean and tidy, awesome sunset rooftop bar and beautiful new swimming pool! If your going to Kampot this is the only place to stay!
The staff are all amazing and extremely helpful!
You'll have a Jolly ole' time.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

Was supposed to only stay 2 days but I’ve been here a week!
I’d heard taco Tuesday was a good night to be around for and I was not disappointed! Live music, cheap drinks and a really good laugh with the staff!
Couldn’t recommend this place more as a solo traveller it’s been great to meet people and explore kampot!