“Best Oreo Brownie I’ve ever had ”
Review of Laundry Cafe

Laundry Cafe
Ranked #25 of 174 Restaurants in Kampot
Price range: US$1 - US$18
Description: Best burgers in Kampot, GUARANTEED. Run by an American, with high food handling standards serving good clean food and ice cold beer. Great desserts like homemade Oreo brownies and Baklava. Ask for daily off the menu specials
Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

Absolutely unreal burgers, not greasy at all and definitely will satisfy your burger cravings. The service here is second to none and the Oreo Brownie is honestly the best Brownie I’ve ever had in my life.

laundrycafekampot, General Manager at Laundry Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Thank you Julie for this great review. We're very happy you enjoyed your meal. And by the way, the brownie you had wasn't made by me but by my wife. It was her first time baking it all from start to finish and when i read the review to her, she was thrilled. Now she wants to bake them all the time and with this review, I think I'm gonna take the back seat to her cause she's a truly great cook.
See you on your next visit and once again, Thank you for visiting and taking the time to write about us

Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

We have been travelling around south east Asia for 2 months and really missing some home comforts. We came across Laundry Cafe in Kampot and it was honestly amazing. I had a cheese burger which was so fresh and non-greesy, the perfect burger. We were then tempted by the Oreo brownies which were out of this world. They were home made and still warm from the oven, with a side of ice cream. Probably one of the best meals I have had since travelling, if you are in kampot in Cambodia you have to give this place a visit, I don't often review restaurants but everyone needs to know about this hidden gem.

WOW! Charlene I'm so impressed with this review that I want to try the food here. Oh wait! I work here ... lol
Thank you for an amazing review. it brought a big smile to our faces. You don't know how happy it made us to read that you enjoyed your meal. We really try to serve good food .
It was our pleasure serving you on this trip maybe when you return you'll come back to see us again. I know we'll be waiting for you. Have a great trip and please keep reviewing restaurants because it's your reviews that help other travelers find great food.
Thanks again

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Drooool. the burgers here are so delicious !!! Homemade with fresh ingredients and even a homemade bun! Highly recommend to anyone looking for a hearty and REAL burger. The owner is also very kind and informative ! His homemade pickles are also drool worthy.

laundrycafekampot, General Manager at Laundry Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2017

Reading your review made me drool Erin. Thank you for that. Thank you for coming and trying or burgers. It was or pleasure serving you. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

Firstly, the location on TA is incorrect and so are the hours on display at the cafe. The owner should take time out and correct these as TA states closed Sunday but the times shown at the cafe (right side of door on a TA sign) indicates that they are open.

As it was 11am I just wanted a coffee and quick bite to eat so I ordered and the food was quick in coming.

Unfortunately, that's all of, or rather, the only good point that I can say. The portion was on the small side and the bacon rashers very small. Yes, they may have good quality ingredients and home made buns but quality and quantity should be equal. Bacon was crispy, egg was overcooked with a solid yolk, and the cheese was plastic processed stuff. I even had to take a second look at the plate as the pattern makes the plate look dirty. How about getting some proper napkin holders instead of them just being in the packet?

Also apart from asking for my order and checking if everything was OK the owner showed no interest in making conversation or even asking where I was from. His 2 buddies (who looked like ex pats) got all the attention whilst the owner sat with them, drinking coffee and smoking.

Yes, you may have the best burgers in town but you sure ain't got the best customer service. Sadly, I will never know if the burgers are the best in town as I got better customer service at Burger King in PP!

laundrycafekampot, General Manager at Laundry Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I've always been open to constructive criticism. You've pointed out some errors on my part and I've corrected them before writing this review. I've corrected the operating hours on the sign you indicated as well as Google.
I do apologize for not speaking to you as much as you'd expected but I've come to learn that some customers would like to be left alone whilst eating. That being said, that doesn't stop you from indicating your interest in a conversation. I'm here all day and am very happy to speak to my customers as they are doing what I can't, which is traveling. So I take great joy in asking where people are from and hearing their stories.
You are right about our food quality. We use the best products available to us however we can't do anything about the shrinkage in bacon. That's the nature of the meat. It shrinks as it's being cooked. The sandwich you ordered is prepared exactly as it's supposed to be. Eggs fried so when you bite into it, it doesn't drip on your shirt. We would've been happy and are capable of cooking your eggs any way you like. It would be very helpful if next time you mention how you like your eggs. Not just here but elsewhere you travel. I'm sure the business owner would like to hear it from you rather than read it on a review. And lastly, you are correct that we have the best burgers in town sadly you will not be able to try them. Maybe next time you are here you'll give us another chance to make it right.
P.s, I just wish you'd said something to me before leaving rather than saying it here. I could've fixed it. I can't here.
Have a safe trip and hope to see you next time.

Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

If you've come here you've come to eat the best hamburger in your life. It is worth talking to the owner and realizing that beyond the fact that he prepares great food he is also a charming person.

Toda ya akhee. Thank you very much for your kind words. It was our pleasure serving you