“Top 10 restaurant in Greensboro ”
Review of Blue Denim

Blue Denim
Ranked #30 of 951 Restaurants in Greensboro
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Description: Blue Denim celebrates the foodways and culture of the New South.
Description: Blue Denim celebrates the foodways and culture of the New South.
Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Hubs and I had dinner here tonight for date night and how we have overlooked this gem is beyond my comprehension. The food was amazing! I had the catfish Tony and he had the shrimp and grits. Food was reasonably priced and it was so much food that I needed a to go box. Whether you are a local or a visitor from out of town this place will not disappoint. Reservations are recommended but not required :)

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

We decided to try a downtown place & chose here. They seated us promptly at our reservation time. I tried the Jeansboro Mule & loved it! My husband had the catfish. It was a large portion & he said it was the best catfish he’d ever had! My daughter had the crawfish fettuccini which was spicy & delicious!
I would have given them 5 stars had they offered anything for taking 45 minutes to get our food. They put the cream sauce on my husband’s catfish twice & this held up our meal. The other two dishes were not as hot as they should have been because of this wait.
We will try it again.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

There is no bad choice. Everything artfully prepared and appropriately portioned. Even something as simple as the Cajun fries are just right.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

The hubs and I went for date night recently and wished we'd gone sooner!! I am originally from Louisiana so am sometimes skeptical of Cajun attempts. But Chef Jody knows his stuff! I love the melting pot of culture here; Sure, Cajun, but also southern and Asian. We ordered the brussel sprouts as our appetizer; they were very good. Not the best we've ever had; we personally don't like them served whole as they are, but they were still good. We also tried a side of the OMG (Old Mill of Guilford) grits that were outstanding! For our meals, I had the crawfish fettucine; it was amazing. My husband ordered the crawfish po' boy and it was also a home run. He doesn't always eat bread but he said this bread was so good, it was worth it! We got the lemon icebox pie for dessert and it was great. Not quite what we were expecting but we were not disappointed. The bill was around 65 with tip (w/out alcohol) so definitely a date night sort of place. But we cannot wait to go back and try other things!!

Reviewed 30 May 2018

We had a 5:30 PM reservation on a Saturday. Thge weather was less than ideal and they let us in a few minutes early because of rain. In making the reservation it asked if this was for a special occasion and I put 'birthday'. When we arrived and they sat us there was a Happy birthday wrap around the silverware. Nice touch. Our waiter, John Davis, was very knowledgeable and polite. Great first impression. We ordered the crawfish beignets as an appetizer. I thoroughly enjoyed them. They came highly recommended and I was not disappointed. As my wife doesn't care for green peppers she just had a bite but still enjoyed it. The menu is not huge but the food stands on it's own. She ordered a fried oyster po' boy and I ordered the Shrimp and Grits. She said the oysters were fantastic. Very creamy and no grit. Not too much breading and cooked perfectly. The bread, we were told, is brought in from New Orleans and is outstanding. All the food was very fresh. My shrimp and grits were very well prepared. They have these pieces of corn in the grits that were such a change from the regular hominy grits I tend to see in restaurants of this area. Like the oysters, the shrimp were cooked perfectly. They even gave you a side dish for the shrimp tails. We opted to share a dessert and went with the bread pudding. I'm the one that is normally not a fan of bread pudding, I will say that the whiskey sauce was wonderful. My wife loved the dessert. I had a micro brew from Mississippi (Pecan Stout) and they do have a good selection of micro-brews. As with great quality food and drink you expect to pay a bit more. This restaurant not being an exception was on the high side for my family ($72) but we are already looking forward to going back for the wife's birthday to sample their other menu items. The waiter explained the Chef/Owners training and love for the creole food and it showed in his work. Highly recommend. May not be great for a huge crowd as it is a small restaurant, so my advice is to make reservations early.