“A down home seafood restaurant.”

Captain Bill's Seafood & Steak
Ranked #114 of 951 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 28 October 2017

I saw seafood on the sign so I had to try it. It has an old school nautical decor which was nice to see. There's plenty to choose from on the menu and the prices are very reasonable. I tried the broiled seafood platter- excellent! There's plenty of food on the plate so you won't leave hungry. The staff was very friendly and pleasant.

2  Thank Emarsh69

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

I went in for a quick dinner. This is a very pleasant place with very friendly service. The food is old school seafood and it's good. I had fried Alaskan fish that was very mild and tasty. The shrimp cocktail was very pleasantly made and tasted great. I will go back!!!!

Reviewed 8 October 2017

Capt. Bill's Seafood is a Greensboro staple. The ambiance is just what you'd expect: old school charm, a pleasant welcome, great service - and excellent seafood. My wife and I decided to split a large 3 choice combo platter - and couldn't finish everything!

We got fried flounder, fried scallops, and the biggest fried fantail shrimp I've ever seen (they looked like big coconut shrimp - and were prepared perfectly: very tender and tasty). Couple that with a baked potato, fried okra, and several ring hushpuppies - and we were overwhelmed with goodness! Our server was extra good and attentive. And, our order came out quickly - piping hot.

What is not to love? Yes this is an old establishment --- but every restaurant could learn a thing or two from these guys. If you're looking for great fish and nice folks, I highly recommend Capt. Bill's.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

I try to visit Capt. Bills Seafood at least once weekly for lunch. Food is always good and reasonably priced. Courteous friendly staff makes customers feel special. Can't go wrong with t by the Alaskian Whitefish & Fries + Sweetened Ice Tea w\ lemon.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

This restaurant has been in business for over thirty years and has a loyal following, but is a little off the beaten path out West Market Street. We stopped by for two of their seafood specials. We had a fried shrimp plate and Alaska whitefish plate, each for less than eight dollars. They came with slaw, ringed hushpuppies, and fries. The food quality was very high and the service friendly and prompt. The owner at checkout could not have been more genuine or nicer. This is a really good restaurant ... give it a try.