“Lunch after the farmers market stop”

Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen
Reserve with OpenTable
Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 951 Restaurants in Greensboro
Price range: US$10 - US$28
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Green Valley Road
Description: Discover American Southern Cuisine at our Greensboro restuarant, served in an upscale but casual environment. We use the highest quality ingredients (including a lot of local food) to create our interpretation of classic Southern dishes. Please join us for lunch or dinner, seven days a week, for the highest quality food and drink with friendly, attentive service. Weekend brunch. We are near UNC-Greensboro, Friendly Shopping Center, Women's Hospital and Green Valley office park. We promise you’ll be happy!
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

We had such an amazing day at the Piedmont Farmers Market, after looking at all the amazing summer produce we want something with fresh produce for lunch.

After a quick search we came up with Lucky 32’s in Greensboro. So off we go to have a great lunch!

When we arrive it was in between lunch and dinner, so we were sat really quickly.

The menu has a changing seasonal area and all of the menu has deeply southern roots and flare.

We ordered the deep fried grit cakes for an appetizer and let me tell you they were amazing! Creamy stone grits on the inside coated in a crunchy deep fried yummy outside. It had this amazing cream sauce with country ham that just complimented the grits perfectly. This is a must!!!

We ordered the roasted chicken salad, pulled pork over Johnny Cakes and a seasonal B.L.T. Everything was delicious! It was just what we were looking for in seasonal goodness!

We decided that we wanted to try the desserts as a great way to end our day. We ordered the lemon bars, buttermilk pie and the peach icebox pie. The lemon bars by far were the best. The only issue with the buttermilk pie was the crust, it didn’t taste done.

We can not wait to go back and enjoy this cute little spot again.

Eli K, Manager at Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2018

Natasha, it sounds like you really had a fresh and local day! We’re honored to have great relationships with a number of farmer partners, many of whom also share their bounties at the market. Our seasonal menu just changed, and we now feature local okra, tomatoes, beans, and peas! We hope you’ll be able to join us again soon for some more seasonal goodness!

Reviewed 28 June 2018

I went here a few months ago and had the shrimp and grits. Great choice. Really nice restaurant. Would go back again and try something new.

Davina, thank you so much for your lovely comments! The shrimp and grits are a tried-and-true classic, and always a great choice. We invite you to join us again and explore our seasonally rotating menu!

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We’ve been eating at Lucky 32 for years for special occasions. The best is they bring in as much local flavor as possible. The menus are mostly seasonal so that’s nice. Wait staff attentive, reservations suggested. I think maybe for a place like this they offer too much on the menu (yes I watch Gordon Ramsey kitchen nightmares). The mixed drinks are spot on. My only complaint - it’s so loud if you’re dining with a group there’s really no interaction among the entire table b/c you have to yell and that’s no fun. If just two of you, I recommend for a nice classy dinner. You won’t be disappointed. For a larger crowd - I’d you don’t mind the noise and missing conversation at other end of table then definitely make reservations; otherwise I would suggest somewhere a little more quiet.

Local flavor is a great way to describe our commitment to great food and service! We cherish that you choose Lucky 32 to celebrate your special occasions with the flavors of the season. We currently celebrate local heirloom tomatoes, and the menu really “feels” like summer! On busy shifts, you’re right that the atmosphere sometimes can get a bit energetic, but we strive to provide a pleasant environment for parties of all sizes. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, and we can’t wait to host your next celebration!

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen is my standard for a food experience in Greensboro, NC. I am never disappointed with the food, presentation, service and the atmosphere. It can get very busy, but the quality and service never suffers. The seasonal dishes and locally grown food keep selections fresh and exciting. I love the vegetable and corn bread. I like the Red Oak beer, from a local brewery. There is live music on Tuesday evenings. Also there is a recipe online for their black bean cakes. Try the after dinner coffee and you will find that the price is very reasonable for this quality experience.

Edward, it’s guests like you that keep us driven to be consistently outstanding! I like to think that there’s something for everyone here, and I’m glad that you find excitement in our seasonally rotating menu alongside your favorite staples. Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to serving you next time!

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

Maybe it was a bad day...but IMO, this place has definitely gone downhill since I was there a few months ago. We waited 10 minutes at our table without seeing any staff. Not sure how long we would have waited since I flagged down another server who ultimately got our actual server. No apologies for the delay. My girlfriend and I both had breakfast dishes, neither of which were memorable...serving sizes were small compared to proximity and gvg. The place was busy...it’s hard to understand why...

Eli K, Manager at Lucky 32 Southern Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Thank you so much for giving us feedback, and realizing that perhaps it was a “bad day,” as this is certainly not how we ever intend to treat our guests. I’m troubled that it took so long for your server to come and that you meals were not memorable. If you are so inclined, I would be most appreciative to follow up with you and make this into an opportunity to retrain our staff. I can be reached at ekozin@qwrh.com. -Eli K