“Better than I thought it could be”

Residence Inn Greensboro Airport
Ranked #35 of 76 Hotels in Greensboro
New York, New York, United States
“Better than I thought it could be”
Reviewed 8 January 2012

My first experience with this hotel was less than acceptable, however, the second stay that was offered to me by the GM made up for any negative experiences I have had in the past... Mother Nature was mostly to blame for the critters that I encountered and the hotel took steps to handle the problem and provide me with the most comfortable expierence I could have imagined... The beds were clean, soft, warm and comfortable. The staff was incredibly accommodating and the food was hot, fresh and delicious. So many choices for all types of eaters..

It was the most unexpectedly pleasant experience I have ever encountered... I am so happy that I took another chance on this property and will surely stay here again in the future...

Two thumbs and toes up for Ken Andrews, the GM at this property.. you did good KEN!

Room Tip: Although breakfast ends at 9:30 on weekdays and 10 on weekends, they still offer fresh fruit, tea ba...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Cyndi C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We have stayed here many times over the past several years as we travel to Greensboro several times a year. Every time the front desk staff were professional and friendly. Room has always been exceptionally clean and the requested items in place such as extra towels, pillows, etc. With the kitchen area one would expect to find crumbs etc. but we have never seen a sign of poor housekeeping. It is located down the road from a great shopping area with several great local places to eat. Whether BBQ, Wings, or Cheesecake you will find it all right down the road and just as easy you can get back on the interstate. Beds are very comfortable and linens are top notch. I read the review about the bed bugs and I honestly have never seen a crumb much less a bug. Would recommend without reservation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 1st floor. The best one I have stayed in there was one the very end next to t...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Salisbury, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Hat's off to the staff! Anytime we passed a staff member, they always had a pleasant greeting, one that did not seem like a script. While we were there, we needed to have a package overnighted to us, which they held for us at the front desk. Our room was properly cleaned each day and that was really nice. Our personal items were not disturbed. In the breakfast area, the tables were clean and the buffett food was fresh and on the quality level you might expect from a Denny's or Golden Corrall. I enjoyed a belgian style waffle one morning. No omelet chef though! During the week they featured real plates and flatware, on the weekend it was foam plates and plastic. I ike the plates better, but it is no big deal. Our beds were clean and comfortable and we enjoyed the full size appliances in the room. The sofa's support was a bit worn. Our room did not have a fireplace, so if that is important to you, be sure to ask! We have come a long way from "A clean comfortable room for about twenty bucks a night" but we travel a lot and the value here was very good. Local room tax added about $10-20 a night.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th (top) floor, near elevator - no complaints. As it was cold out, I would have like...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 December 2011

Ignore the negative reviews, there is nothing but positive things to say about this hotel.

We chose this Residence Inn for the pet-friendly feature - we loved our stay so much so that we came back on our return trip. The staff was fantastic, helpful, friendly and professional all around. I highly recommend the 2 bedroom/2 bathroom suite, the kitchen was a fabulous feature, the beds were divine as well.

If you travel w/dogs, you have plenty of walking areas which is a big plus. Every room is open to pets, with a reasonable charge, all well worth it.

Trust me, this hotel is tops. We'll be back again and again on future road trips. Thanks to all the staff for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 December 2011

At first I was impressed by the decor and cleanliness... But....upon arrival, there was no one at the front desk to check me in and I had to ask a cleaning lady to get someone after waiting for 5 minutes... Then none of the things I requested when making a reservation were done... (high floor, foam pillows, late check out). Then after spending about two hours in the room I thought I had gotten bit by a mosquito... unfortunately, after further investigation and consultation with a doctor once I got home, I found out that they were bed bug bites.. Also.. some of the critters traveled back home on the clothes and suitcase that were on the hotel room carpet!! UGG!! It took forever for the GM to call me back and offer some sort of apology, incentive to stay again etc.... I was offered one free night and no admission of infestation... Only statements like "no one else has ever complained about this" and "we will check and have the exterminator spray the room and then give you an update... Never got that update nor another call from the GM.... Even a free night won't be enough for me to stay there again!

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors offer better views and rooms ending in 30 or up are near the stairway to the...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple