All reviews the main house lakefront suite breakfast was delicious convention center chain hotel four seasons mall anita accommodations comfort
Reviewed 10 January 2016

Coming up on our 15th year anniversary, I wanted to find something truly "different" but still romantic for my husband and I to do over the weekend. My mom had mentioned B&Bs to me, so I looked into it. A little skeptical of anything unknown, I was a bit nervous to book a stay here but bit the bullet because of the positive reviews online. Upon arrival, I was amazed that I'd never heard about this place literally right down the road from Four Seasons Shopping Mall. My husband and I were greeted by Anita, checked in and then showed to the Common Area which included everything that you'd ever need.....from DVDs, drinks, snack, ice, plates and additional champagne flutes and glasses. Anita even had ideas of restaurants and things to do in the town. We were then shown to our Penthouse and it was far beyond what I had imagined even though I'd seen the pictures of the room when we booked it! It was very clean and inviting. Anita quickly oriented us to the room, asked when we'd like to be served breakfast and whisked away to provide privacy. The view of the lake from the Penthouse was fabulous! After a relaxing afternoon and dinner in town, we returned to enjoy the garden tub and comfy king size bed. The pictures just don't do the Twins Lake Lodge justice....you gotta see it to believe it....and I'm not done with my review just yet! Promptly at the time that we requested breakfast, Anita arrived, set our table, and began with a starter breakfast of warm carrot nut raisin bread with orange pineapple juice. She then returned with one of the most delicious breakfast casseroles I've ever tasted along with fresh fruit, English muffins with raisins, apple butter and coffee. I made us Mimosas which topped the breakfast off perfectly. An added bonus is that that Anita let us arrive earlier than normal check-in time and even said that we could check-out later as well. Once again, you've gotta see this place for yourself!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kameka T
Anita552, Owner at The Twin Lakes Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2016

Kamika,

Thank you for your generous and kind words on the review to Trip Advisor. I really appreciate your time and effort. You are such a sweet couple and it was my pleasure to host your stay! It is guest like you that make my job easy and so rewarding!

Reviewed 5 January 2016

Stayed in the Penthouse accommodations at Twin Lakes and enjoyed a peaceful and rejuvenating visit. Had a great time ringing in the New Year watching the local boys, "The Avett Brothers" perform at the Greensboro Coliseum just minutes away, and enjoyed several local hikes as well. Anita is the hostess with the mostest and epitomizes "southern hospitality"! She knows how to balance friendliness and privacy for her guests. She has great recommendations for local restaurants and sites, and cooks a mean breakfast!

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with any of the rooms on the property.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lesle G
Reviewed 21 December 2015

Exactly what I expected out of a bed and breakfast. Great room, extremely clean, lots of little extras, and a great view. We stayed in the penthouse room and it had the most amazing bed I have ever slept in! Not to mention, Anita was very friendly and welcoming and she made us the most wonderful breakfast! Perfect place to get away and relax!!!

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2015 via mobile

My husband and I stayed one night at Twin lakes Lodge to celebrate his Birthday. We love here locally and I wanted to find a nice daycation trip. Lol We called and left a msg and Mrs. ANITA called back asap. When we arrived she greeted us outside and showed us were to park. She showed us our living quaternary for the evening which we stayed in the Tree house. It was lovely and had a home feeling. It had a queen bed a jacuzzi tub with a jet. To single chairs a small table area for two. The room had a stero with pre-loaded music and a DVD player. The bathroom was nice and clean. You still could take a shower. They had a fireplace and had an option to use without the heat. The room had a great lake view. She gave us the rules and told us where we could locate things. She also had a book with directions to various restaurant's. The room had a coffee maker with pre filtered coffee. Breakfast was delivered promptly at the time we requested and was delicious. She started with appetizers which were stuffed mushrooms with cream cheese and sausage. It was amazing along with fresh grapefruit. 30 Had French Toast to follow I had sausage and my husband had bacon. Everything was great and we are looking forward to another trip there.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tiffany J
Reviewed 14 October 2015

Me and my fiance came here for our first vacation together and it was such a rough start to our trip. Our engine exploded over halfway there on a 4-hour drive so it was hours past check-in when we finally made it there. Anita was very kind and understanding about the whole situation and showed us straight to our room and ran through all the little details and information quickly so we could relax after the ride there. The room was absolutely adorable, as was the property. The wall had a framed newspaper clipping discussing the history of the home, which I really loved, and included books written by the man who built the house, both of which are books I've read before and loved. In the morning, breakfast was delivered at precisely the time we requested it and it was delicious! Appetizer was stuffed mushrooms and boiled grapefruit with a cherry on top, and after that came the french toast and bacon, all of which was amazing. We walked out to look at the lake after that and it was such a beautiful view. There was also Canadian Geese all around the lake so it was nice to see the plants and wildlife. We'll definitely be coming back, Anita has done an amazing job there.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple