“Lack of WiFi!!!”

Wyndham Garden Greensboro
Ranked #34 of 77 Hotels in Greensboro
Reviewed 23 June 2017

This is a somewhat old hotel that has made some attempts to redecorate but is till run down in many areas! The bathrooms are rundown and didn't appear very clean. My biggest gripe is WiFi. They advertise free wifi but after a three day stay with no wifi except in the lobby I fell that the "free wifi" is false advertising. I was even told by the desk personnel (who were extremely less than helpful) that the rooms don't get very good/any wifi reception. On a good note, the beds and pillows are very comfortable!

Room Tip: Get the room at the front of the hotel, not the back!
3  Thank ljlants
gail s, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2017

Good day! Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I'm sorry you didn't feel the recent renovation was stellar. We actually gutted the bathrooms down to the studs and everything was replaced, except the bathtubs!
The Wi-Fi has been an issue when we are sold out - as we have been for last 4 days. Even with the maximum bandwidth available, with 190 rooms, and 3-4 guests in each room with at least 1 device each, ANY system would be stretched to capacity. We took steps to limit "usage by device" and added a "time limit" for each device in order to allow more users access to the network during peak demand events, but clearly, we have to work on a more permanent solution.
I'm glad you found the new beds and new pillows comfortable! I hope you will stay with us again next year - or sooner!

Reviewed 21 June 2017

2  Thank Ann M
gail s, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2017

Reviewed 20 June 2017

We spent two nights here while visiting my mom and brother in the area. Found an excellent rate on booking.com, which is totally unheard of for what we got. Their breakfast buffet was tasty and very classy served on white square plates, silverware wrapped in cloth napkins and no slam lids on their stainless steel, see thru breakfast warmer lids. (My wife brought me breakfast in bed our 1st morning. We returned the plate to the eating area. Please dont leave them in your room putting more burden on house keeping). Our bed was large and very comfortable, and the frig and microwave came in handy also.
We didnt know it was a pet friendly hotel, but was reminded when my wifes allergies flared up and the neighbors 2 dogs barked everytime we entered or left our room, but neither was a huge deal. Also the tv remote needed to be upgraded to cable remotes that can have their keys light up for night time viewing. A feature not found on the basic Samsung remote.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
gail s, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Good day! Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Wyndham Garden Greensboro. I'm so glad you enjoyed the breakfast! We've worked hard to renovate that entire experience. We are in the process of updating not only the TV remotes, but the TV service for better viewing options and a better picture - I hope at your next stay you will see the difference.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

1  Thank 992glendac
gail s, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Greensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Reviewed 14 June 2017

Disappointed that I could not get a ride to the airport in the morning. The staff could not provide rides until 9:30 a.m. Had to get a taxi.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Good day John - Thank you for your review. I am very confused as to why you could not get the shuttle to the airport on the morning of your departure! I certainly apologize that we did not fulfill our obligation to you on that point. Our service runs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and we take or guests back to the airport at the top of every hour, as needed. You should have been able to go at 6am, 7am, 8am, 9am, 10am, etc to the airport on that day. I wish I had more details about your stay dates, so I could dig into this. I hope you will stay with us again.