“Great meal, great service”
Review of Village Tavern

Village Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Village Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 992 Restaurants in Greensboro
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 23 September 2018

First time here. Krysta was our server and she was personable and knowledgeable about the food. When we were making our decisions, she guided us to good dishes. She knew which choices to make and servers don't always have an opinion. We [three of us] went with her suggestions and we all raved about our dinners. Both my daughter and my wife chose the firecracker shrimp tacos and loved them. Krysta assured my wife that the mashed potatoes are real potatoes and they were. [According to Krysta, "everything here is real"]. I considered three dishes and at Krysta's suggestion ordered the grilled meatloaf with sauteed spinach and french fries. Could be a pedestrian dish but turned out to be nothing short of excellent. The meatloaf was loaded with clearly quality ground beef which shone through the minimal amount of breading. The grilling was a great touch and the madieira sauce was delicious. But the spinach deserves more than honorable mention: sauteed and seasoned perfectly to just the right degree. And this may be a minor point, but the french fries were hot and crispy. How many times have you been to a fancy, "gourmet" hamburger joint which brags about their "hand cut" french fries only to get soggy and lukewarm fries? Too often I bet. Just a top notch experience all around.

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Met with some friends for lunch. I had a corn beef sandwich and my wife had a small steak. Both were very good. Service was quick and friendly

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Village Tavern was my “go to” place for business lunches and dinners and this is the first time I have been since the remodel. We stopped on a Wednesday for dinner and then parking lot was completely full. I circled a couple of times and was ready to give up but found a parking spot and so glad I did. There was a good wait for an inside table immediate table outside. The weather was absolutely perfect and the band was great. I was leery that the “old” Village Tavern would be time but not to fear. I had the Caesar Salad which was outstanding. The Braised Meatball Skillet was new and I decided to try it. Outstanding - perfectly flavored meatballs with a rich tomato sauce, incredibly creamy grits, and topped with plenty of Burrata. I could have eaten two of them!!!! The service was efficient but not very engaged or attentive but that did not distract from a great experience. I am glad the Village Tavern is back and as good as ever.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

The menu is a bit daunting with so many selections. My suggestion is to try to find Dee, the waitress, to help you. Her patience and knowledge of the menu made our visit pleasant.

Reviewed 7 September 2018 via mobile

Great place to relax and enjoy great food and drinks. Also we have had group dinners here, and the wait staff was awesome. Go enjoy, you'll be pleased with your choice.