“Don't waste your money...”

Carrabba's Italian Grill
Ranked #183 of 916 Restaurants in Greensboro
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 May 2017

I really just don't like this place...I do like Italian, just not theirs. I've tried it a couple of times in Greensboro & in Winston Salem & neither impressed me. The best part about this restaurant is driving by & looking at the plants growing on top. You'd think it would be nice, but the inside atmosphere does not appeal to me, the service is only so-so & the food is a waste of money. If you want really good Italian Food--go to Elisabeth's on Battleground.

Carrabbas, Guest Relations Manager at Carrabba's Italian Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2017

Hello,

We'd like to find out more specifics on your visits. Please take a moment to send me an email at homeoffice@carrabbas.com with the subject "TripAdvisor - Greensboro, NC". We can then correspond directly over email.

Amy
Carrabba's Italian Grill

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Alicia and LaToya are the reasons we come back month after month. The four course dinner and four courses of wine are TOTALLY worth the $40, but without the smiling and happy personalities of our two girls---it just wouldn't be the same.

Reviewed 23 April 2017

I have reviewed this location numerous times over the years as we stay in a hotel that is walking distance away during the twice a year furniture market and it is convenient to walk here for dinner. Well Thursday after a long day we came in and sat at the pizza bar like we usually do. Enjoy the action of the kitchen. So we ordered Bruschetta for an appetizer. It was really odd. Not like any Bruschetta I have had before. I had ordered the Spiedino and Jordan a fish dish. Well as we are waiting for our main course I see one of the cooks dragging a garden hose out from the back room area into the kitchen and then swilling a jug of soap out onto the floor all over the kitchen. Remember they are still cooking here. I worked in a kitchen a long time ago so know the clean up routine is not pretty in most restaurants. FYI. Well our food comes out about now. All good, So just about that time, the cook starts spraying down the floor, and cabinets and lower parts of the stoves. Into the back room where I can see the sauces and oils on a lower shelf that are getting the full treatment of water / soap and gunk reflected up off the floor. My mistake here for sitting at the pizza bar and witnessing this, Can I say that my appetite was pretty suppressed for my food after this show.
Fortunately he was aiming the hose in the opposite direction from where we were at the end of the counter, but needless to say I was not impressed with the clean up operation. Judge for yourself if you would care to eat what was once washed up off the floor onto the refrigerator and stoves after a full day of cooking.
YUCK

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

We had a very disappointing dinner here last night. Despite the fact the restaurant was not busy at 6:00pm it was obvious that the restaurant was not prepared for our group of 15 people (we took up 2 tables). Several of us were not even given utensils or cloth napkins until we asked twice. After a 10 minute delay we were given warm bread but no olive oil. Another 10 minutes later we received the olive oil but the bread was then cold. Our pre-dinner drinks then arrived but 2 martinis were missing olives (which were specially requested when ordered). Our dinners then arrived- the soups were cold and several entrees were cold. The waitress even forgot my pizza! To her credit she did apologize and took it off the bill.

Overall - a failing grade. Not up to our expectations after eating at several other Carrabbas.

1  Thank Reed J
Carrabbas, Guest Relations Manager at Carrabba's Italian Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2017

Hello,

We’re very disappointed that your visit ended up this way. Please take a moment to email us at homeoffice@carrabbas.com with the subject: TripAdvisor Review – Greensboro, NC so we can follow up with you soon.

Thank you!
Leah
Carrabba’s Italian Grill

Reviewed 6 March 2017

As with most of the Carrabbas we've been to the food was great. We had the Amore Monday three course special, Chicken Marsala for her and Cheesie Peezie for me. Her included app was bruschetta and mine was fried calamari both of which were delicious and the main entrees were also terrific. The house salad which was sort of a modified Ceasar was pretty good. The bread with herb seasoned olive oil was as good as ever. Service was terrific with Sarah our server being if anything, over attentive. The only problem was that the servings came right on top of each other. I'm a fast eater and they even beat me to the punch.