“Good lunch sort of expensive depending on your order”

Fuji Sushi and Hibachi
Ranked #286 of 991 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 8 October 2017

We have lived in Hawaii and I have traveled all over the Western Pacific area so I do know a little about Japanese food. This was overall very good and certainly worth going back for a second try. If you are looking for a cheap Chinese meal, it is not here, try again. The food is much better and the Sushi is of a much higher grade then you might expect (along with cost).

We both wanted a good variety to sample for our first visit so we choose the Bento Box. This does not come with rice but does include: California Roll; Shrimp and Vegetable Tempura; Gyoza (Fried Dumpling); and an Entree - Plus soup (Meso) OR Salad. At $14.95 you would think it should include both soup and salad, but no.

The Salad came first and it was basically just lettuce with a few shaved carrot shavings (VERY FEW) and lots of very good Ginger dressing - others on request. Next, the boxes came out - Salmon for my wife and Beef Teriyaki for me.

The Salmon is usually Fresh salmon broiled and basted with teriyaki sauce, but my wife requested her to be just grilled and it was served that way and very good. I requested my Prime steak marinated with teriyaki sauce rare and it was actually but SO TENDER - delicious and sliced to bite-sized pieces. Both entrees were served with grilled vegetables that were cooked correctly - not overdone at all.

California Roll - well what can I say, it was what you expect from California Roll. HOWEVER, the Shrimp Tempura was really good - LARGE and not overcooked. Veggie Tempura was too large- should have been sliced smaller. One piece was eggplant and I do not like eggplant. There was too much tempura batter on the veggies as well. Gyoza was done correctly and served with the correct sauce.

Overall I would order this again, but I do want to try other menu items.

Service was excellent and the atmosphere was subdued and very nice.

Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

Neighborhood sushi place. Subdued lighting. Soft music. Very relaxing atmosphere. Excellent menu. Fresh oysters were special item. We had a dozen, plump, juicy ones. Steamed goyoza dumpling appetizer. I had king crab sushi roll & tuna sushi. My wife had the california roll. Koochi mango icecream balls for dessert were great. 22oz sapporo beer ice cold. Generous pour of New Zealand Sauvignon blanc for my wife. Very friendly waitress. Definitely going back for more!

1  Thank S7139VEjimg
Reviewed 15 November 2016

The service is not the best, but their food is good. Nice fresh sushi. If you order to go, I hope you get it! My husband ordered a takeout order and when he got there, they hadn't even started making it. He had to wait 40 mins.

Reviewed 21 June 2016

It was my 2nd time here for a business dinner. Food is very good. They do have room for small groups (7-8). I had hibachi shrimp and chicken and really enjoyed it.

Reviewed 20 June 2016

We didn't know this restaurant existed, but when we asked our 13 year old granddaughter where she wanted to have lunch for her birthday, this was her first choice. And I'm so glad she introduced us to it! I work a great deal in Asia, and we love Asian food. We found the sushi here delicious, and will return often. A great new find!