“Solid ”

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New Garden Road and Battleground Avenue
Description: Gia is a 19th century modern restaurant, featuring a variety of unique spaces. The main dining room is a vibrant space with high top tables cozied between the Drinking bar and Chef's bar. The Library and Parlor are tucked away in the back corners of the restaurant. The Library has an intimate feel and is ideal for dates, anniversaries, and parties for up to 14 guests. The Parlor has large floor to ceiling windows with a grand chandelier, private bar, and faux fireplace. This larger space is great for parties up to 40 guests or private sales meetings. The Lounge is nestled in the front corner. This space is unique with comfortable seating and a private bar. A perfect space for cocktail parties, viewing sporting events, or after dinner drinks. All of our rooms are A/V compatible for presentations. Finally, there is an outdoor balcony that overlooks New Garden Road, perfect for grabbing a cocktail with a friend. We offer our guests a unique menu that includes a variety of small plates that are sauteed or baked in a wood fire oven. We call our dishes "small plates" because we want all of our guests to try multiple items and share them with each other. We feature a Staples Menu including our "favorites" and our rotating Chef's Menu featuring seasonal flavors. We offer a wide variety of libations including an array of wines, craft beers and interpretations of vintage and handcrafted cocktails. We look forward to seeing you, Ciao!
Reviewed 10 October 2018 via mobile

With family in town from out of state and ranging in age from 25-80, I thought long and hard about places to take them over the 4 day gathering. I knew where we were going in a couple other areas of town, but chose Gia in this area bc it came up in a conversation at another establishment about places in Greensboro with adequate combo of nice and cozy atmosphere, better cocktails than we can make at home, good food, and an overall experience befitting a middle-aged group looking for a good time. Not too dive-bar feel but not too 5-star dining feel. Gia met our standards in most of these areas. I wouldn’t go as far as say it’s the best in town. (Btw another reviewer said this town is full of mediocre restaurants and was spot on) I think Gia is more than mediocre, I’m incredibly picky and pretentious when it comes to cocktails and theirs are better than most places, but I’d say my regular go-to martini spot downtown is still far superior. I would recommend Gia however bc I like what they are doing, and like
That it’s privately owned as well. Cheers!

Date of visit: October 2018

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

We were taken here by an old neighborhood friend from Morgantown WV that we hadn't seen for 42 years. Great atmosphere, tapas, live entertainment, and overall great experience. Beer and drinks good! Full as a tick.... We would recommend GIA to others visiting Greensboro.

Date of visit: September 2018
Nino G, Owner at Gia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Oh wow! Happy to hear that you all had a good time at Gia and enjoyed everything. We really appreciate you spreading the word.

Reviewed 10 August 2018

Gia had only a handful of people at 6:30 on a Friday night - our first sign. Our second sign came when the host handed us food-stained menus. Our third sign came when the bartender was apparently going to be our server. Our table was not too far from the bar and he was very knowledgable about the cocktails, so we decided to stay. It was very quiet - no music. We ordered several menu items - unfortunately, all very bland (especially the Tuna). .No one ever checked back to see how the food was or if we needed to order anything else. No inquiries about ordering additional menu items, water refills, a second cocktail, dessert, etc. No one seemed to care about the food quality (we assume they knew it was not very good and chose not to ask) The manager (we assume because he wore a tie) came close to the table and we asked for a water refill - he grabbed one of the glasses and filled it up in the bar sink - nice. We gave up and asked another server passing by for the check. We inquired why such poor service when they did not seem very busy (only about 10 people at 8:00 pm). She shrugged and said we could fill out a card regarding the experience. Or...we could just not return.

Date of visit: August 2018
Nino G, Owner at Gia, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2018

Again as I mentioned in our response to your Google review, I would like to start off and apologize to you. We messed up and this is not the experience we provide guests when visiting Gia. I can assure you that this is not the norm. I will speak with the staff about the different aspects of your experience. We do care about the experience and I would love the opporuntiy speak with you. I am available tomorrow at Gia. I look forward to catching up with you.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

This is a cute place with good service. I would have liked to see more variety on menu- something like stuffed dates, etc. They had some exotic stuff like beef tongue, etc. I had crab cakes and cheese board.

Date of visit: August 2018
Nino G, Owner at Gia, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2018

Thanks for the feedback. We really appreciate it. I wanted to be sure that you also saw our staples menu that is in addition to what we write up on the chalkboards. Either way. Thank you for coming and happy you had a memorable experience at Gia. We look forward to taking care of you again.

Reviewed 19 July 2018

This is not intended as a negative post. Gia is an average tapas spot in a town full of average eateries. Nothing was terrible or disappointing, but rather average. We enjoyed great wine selections and a more than adequate chacuterie plate. This is our second visit the Gia and I fully expect to be blown away, but I always leave thinking "man, this place is expensive" rather than "man, this place is crazy good". It seems like this location is a place to be seen by others....slightly pretentious in atmosphere and presentation. If you've not been, please try it for yourself. The wait staff is gracious and helpful. I just can't put my finger on what is missing. When I want a great experience with tapas in Greensboro I love 1618 Midtown...smaller for sure, but such a friendly, social atmosphere with constantly changing menu that leaves you craving more. I want Gia to be that I suppose

Date of visit: July 2018
Nino G, Owner at Gia, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2018

We appreciate you perspective and feedback of Gia. With out it we can never continue to grown and improve our guest experience. I am disappointed to hear that we did not blow you away with our small plate offerings. We do change our menu every four weeks in order to keep the experience of Gia always fresh for our guests. Please reach out to the restaurant, I would love the opportunity to speak with you to talk further about what you feel we are missing.