“Excellent Dinner”

Don Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #177 of 968 Restaurants in Greensboro
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed 22 September 2016

My BF and I had been wanting to try the restaurant. When we arrived, we were escorted to the table by a Japanese man wearing a cowboy hat and a vest. I was, thoroughly, amused. It set the tone for a wonderful evening. The atmosphere is clean, and very appropriate for Japanese cuisine. I had Udon Noodles with Shrimp. My BF had Spicy Vegetable Ramen. My BF is Bhutanese and loved his dinner. Honestly, The Udon Noodle with Shrimp was one of the best Japanese meals I have ever experienced. Absolutely delicious. We have found a new "Go To" Place. I highly recommend

3  Thank justjeffb

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Solid friendly fine device right near the art museum. Calamari fry well done but tiny portion. Stone spicy tuna rice bowl good but under spiced. Nice for lunch. Three and a half stars.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

We ate here last night and I had the bulgogi don rice bowl. The beef was well flavored and made the whole bowl flavorful. The staff was very friendly and attentive. We've been here before and enjoy how small the place is and love the stone bowls. They continue cooking the food and make the rice crispy.

Reviewed 18 June 2016 via mobile

We have a big appetite for Japanese food. Dons is pretty good. The pork gyoza is great. I think their ramen is pretty tasty and so do my girls. Their udon is pretty good too. Service isn't always great but it's usually just one woman serving all the tables, but everyone is super nice. The last time we visited we had a younger woman wait on us and she did a great job. Good little spot.

Reviewed 21 May 2016

This is mediocre, and that's probably generous. Ramen and gyoza were almost certainly frozen and "spicy" wasn't; unagi was a giant bowl of white rice and about five pieces of eel for almost $12. I suppose that this place gets away with this because there are few restaurants that even serve ramen in the Triad, and its by UNCG. It was both overpriced and poor. Avoid.