“Southern Gem”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

On our visit to see my brother we stopped in Sunday for breakfast. We all decided to sit outside. The service was efficient and personable. We enjoyed a classic chicken and waffles. We had a party of 8 and everyone enjoyed the food. I personally ordered blueberry waffles with an apricot smear and chicken wings also a side of Mac M Cheese. It is a lot of food and everything was excellent. I encourage anyone visiting Greensboro to stop. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

First off, if you’re reading this and have never been to Dame’s just stop and go get some chicken and waffles!!
The Buff Brahmas-2 cutlets, classic waffle, I switch to the vanilla almond shmear with the whiskey creme sauce and a side of honey dijon too!
All the sides are delicious as well!

Tends to be a wait, bc they’re amazing!

Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

I’ve tried C&W elsewhere but nothing compares to Dames.

The waffle options along are great. Various flavor combinations of butter and drizzle add to the experience.

The cutlets (regular or Panko) are well seasoned. Again - best C&W I’ve ever had.

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

The variety of waffles & schmears made it sooo hard to choose!! But we decided on the classic waffle with maple pecan schmear & wings... for the table (#greedy). The chicken was fried to perfection perfectly golden & flavorful! The waffle was light & fluffy and after adding the schmear it was so scrumptious! I also had the blackened salmon & mean collard greens as my 2 sides. The salmon was cooked to perfection... now that piece of salmon was definitely the best I had!!! And the greens, mmmh... well lets say if ALL greens tasted like these I wouldn't have a problem eating my vegetables!! I would definitely return during my visit back to Greensboro!

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

The waffles are so light and fluffy, they stand alone without the schmear. The wings were crispy and delicious. The salad was a huge portion and the salmon was cooked to perfection. But it is SO LOUD. Between the conversations going on, the servers and the chairs scraping the floor, my ears were ringing by the time we left.