“High end, great food, good service, great view of the backyard”
Review of Mark's Restaurant

Mark's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Mark's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 968 Restaurants in Greensboro
Price range: US$10 - US$42
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: W Friendly Ave
Transit: Connection To Municipal Bus Lines.
Description: Marks Restaurant is a casual fine dining establishment founded in 2011. The Menu changes seasonally and features mostly organic and local foods whenever possible with some of that even being grown in the organic garden behind the restaurant. Mark's offers small plates designed for "sharing" as well as traditional coursed meals, a seasonal handcrafted cocktail list with many local distilleries featured in them, a well thought out wine list, and 4 draught beers on tap with an emphasis on local breweries.
Reviewed 2 April 2018

A high end restaurant that is for the discerning diner set in a nice suburb of Greensboro. You might drive by the place if you are not paying attention as it looks like any other house in the neighborhood. It is across the street from the Walmart. An elaborate menu with some unusual items in it. Certainly not the run of the mill dishes that you would come across in the franchise restaurants.
Knowledgeable wait staff that know what is on offer and are well informed. Mark himself (yes the one the place is named after) came out a couple of times to check on the guests to make sure everyone was happy!
I got the Kobe steak which came with a rather delicious Mushroom sauce and some mixed vegetables cooked to perfection and fries.
The back end of the place has very large windows overlooking the garden and backyard. The view is very nice and I would highly recommend booking a table that overlooks the backyard if you are going to get there with some daylight remaining.
Overall a very satisfying experience and would recommend.

Reviewed 10 February 2018 via mobile

We decided.to try Mark's based upon reviews and some unique menu items. I am so glad we did! We started with the tenderloin with foise gras and the ostrich. Both small plates were absolutely delicious! This was the first time I have had ostrich and it was ahhhmazing. We enjoyed the Wagu strip for two for our entree. While Wagu is known for marbeling, I feel like the chef could have trimmed a bit of the fat, as my date had a large fat portion left on the plate after the protein was consumed. The flavor profile, however, was gorgeous with the demiglaze. For dessert,we were blown away by the chocolate soufle and Key Lime pie. Please do yourself a favor and try this gem! We will most definitely return!! Thank you to the staff for a lovely Valentine's Day celebration!!

1  Thank patiencein03
Matthew B, General Manager at Mark's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

We are thrilled to hear about your experience. Thank you so much for all your support and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

I had the fortunate opportunity to have dinner with some business friends. The building from the outside did not lend itself to the pretty awesome interior. Very spacious, clean and inviting. I loved the art that was being displayed as well. Like most places I travel, you put a filet on the menu I am going to order it and let you know how I feel. How I feel is this was one of the best prepared filets I have had in a long time outside my usual favorites back home. It was simple but delicious and did not need a knife to cut it. I had the opportunity to meet Executive Chef and Owner Mark Freedman and thanked him very much. He was a pretty cool and down to earth guy who was happy to come out and see us. If you are in the area please look them up and give them a try I cannot see how you would be disappointed. My friends had the Kobe Chop Steak, Grilled Carolina Coastal shrimp, salads and Shrimp gumbo for which they were all delighted.

We are really happy to hear about your experience! Thank you so much for your support and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 1 December 2017

Lunch treat for my friend turned out to be a treat for me as well. Her sea scallops were served with a red lentil, cranberry and pumpkin sauce. Spinach ruffle skirt added to color of the dish. My hazelnut crusted goat cheese added to mixed field greens, carrots, and fresh pear slices were enhanced by the champagne vinaigrette. Wonderful presentation and attentive server - poised and added to the experience.

Wonderful! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed everything. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 30 November 2017

I'll never make it through the menu, because the special is always so good, but I always been very happy with the food & service here. They're a little bit on the pricey side, but that's what it takes for the quality you get.

Find this restaurant, and go there!

Sounds like a fun challenge to us! :) We are glad you have been enjoying everything. We are very thankful for your support and hope to see you soon!