All reviews indoor pool front desk waffles room was clean wi fi late check nice lobby great place to stay high point market breakfast area nice stay staff was friendly enjoyed my stay first floor would stay here again one night stay pillows
Reviewed 3 May 2012

I wasn't sure about this when my husband told me we were staying here but I could not have been more wrong! From the minute you walk into the hotel you feel welcome. The lobby is beautiful, and I ended up spending some time in there reading as my husband had fallen asleep in the room.

The rooms are spacious and the beds are amazing. I have never had such an awesome bed in a hotel ever! I slept so good that I hated to leave the next morning.

I can't recommend this hotel enough. Even though we were near the airport I didn't hear a thing.

Overall, great hotel, friendly staff, and good rooms.

Date of stay: April 2012
1  Thank Amy S
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I haven't stayed in a Quality Inn in a long time, and wasn't planning on doing it again, but the reviews on TA swayed me, and I'm glad they did.

We decided to stay over in Greensboro on the night of some NCAA tournament games. Some hotels were already booked full, and others had really jacked up their rates. But this hotel was still available for $63 for a double at the AAA rate.

Kind of a funny neighborhood -- part corporate, part industrial -- but didn't feel unsafe. The hotel was not as deserted as some people have said, but there was a big swim meet in town in addition to the basketball tournament, which probably explained that.

Check-in was fast, but the TV in our room didn't work. The desk person quickly ran down with some keys to a different room (and she tested the TV before sending us there). TV in the new room was a flat-screen, which was an upgrade from the one that didn't work.

Room was of good size, and had coffeemaker but no fridge or microwave. Bathroom had the usual Bathfitters-type redo and was fine. Beds were nice. Didn't like the pillows much; they had only one type, and they were fairly small and hard. I'm pretty picky, though.

Halls were quiet, and we slept well.

Breakfast space was big enough to handle everybody. The spread itself was fair, a little short on fresh fruit, but they had make-em-yourself waffles.

All in all, for $63 a night when the just-all-right Fairfield down the road was charging more than $100, this was a great choice. It's obviously an older place (used to be a Ramada, apparently), but it's been updated adequately and cared for appropriately, and all the personnel we dealt with were great. I sometimes worry about clientele when the rates are low (in this case, maybe loud, drunken college students in town for the NCAA games), but it looked like families and older couples. But if you don't worry about the fact that they need to weed some of their landscaped areas and stuff like that, give this place a shot, especially if there are events in town that are driving rates up.

Room tip: Somebody said you should request to be away from the ice machine, and that's probably true. We didn't, and we got the ice machine next to us. Wasn't a problem, though.
Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jhawkwalk
Reviewed 25 January 2012

My husband and I stayed in this inn recently. We have stayed other times as well at this location. The staff is very friendly and the Manager - Vinay is so appreciate of his guests. The rooms are clean and spacious. The beds are absoleutely worth the very reasonable costs of this inn. They have pillow top mattreses that are by far the best beds we have ever slept in while traveling. Their beds will spoil you rotten! We have stayed in many hotels/motels/inns and this one beats them all by far. There is a modest but good breakfast complimentary. Also complimentary is the Wall Street Journal.

This Inn is in close proximity to many area restaurants.

It is great value for the money. We have always enjoyed our stays here.

Room tip: All the rooms are very good. If they have extra pillows, they will bring them to you. They also have a large suite which is very spacious.
Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank RoanokeBorn
Reviewed 19 January 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel! It was VERY wonderfully kept! However, what made me sad about the hotel was there was hardly anyone staying there. It is a very large hotel and I think there may have been 5 to 10 families total staying there. The reason that made me sad is this is a great hotel, with a great, freindly, courtious staff. I'd really hate to see it go out of business. We had a terrific room that also allowed our four legged daughter to stay with us. Our stay took us in to the New Year and was wonderful! I do have family that lives in the Greensboro area. So, I do believe my family and I have found our hotel we will be staying at from now on when we visit! That's why I'm hoping they stay in business! It's very hard to find a hotel of this nature that also allows you to bring your pets. Kudos to everyone who's had anything to do with this hotel!

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Tanaghrisson
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 4 days on business. Becky was super! We had a problem with our heat and web se couldn't fix it, promptly moved us to a different room. The staff was incredible, the room and hotel was clean, the breakfast was great!

Date of stay: November 2011