“Oldie but goody” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jack Huff's

We can't find prices for this hotel
Jack Huff's
Ranked #2 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Cleveland/Chicago
“Oldie but goody”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

We stayed here for a five days. I generally prefer a chain and I stay at a lot of them. But I am so happy that I chose this. The customer service is excellent and they are as clean as any four star resort that I have visited. We love the location. You are off the strip but close enough to walk to everything. We came during off season and the price was fantastic. We are not really into the strip nd thought about moving to something more out of the way. But we really just fell in love with the charm of the place. Yes, the furnishings are a bit outdated. However, they are in excellent condition. I never use Jacuzzi tubs while traveling for fear of mold build up with sitting water. This one was clean. Great beds. Great channell selection. We were planning our return trip as we were leaving. The only downside is that there are no coffee pots in the rooms. Next time I will bring my own.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MsSJSmith

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

I stayed at Jack Huff's actually a couple of years ago, but there was no option for that. I can see why people stay here year after year -- it's nothing fancy but it has all you really need in a motel. The location is great -- right behind The Village and THE best place to eat in Gatlinburg -- Pancake Pantry -- all within easy walking, not much of an incline, if any, as I recall.
I stayed in the older building which was closer to the shopping, but I see from other reviews that the other buildings are newer -- maybe they are more updated. The decor is very old, but one of THE cleanest rooms I've ever stayed in. The beds were too hard for my liking, but like I said, clean. The room has 2 separate sinks, one 'in' the bathroom and one in a dressing area - so ideal for more than 1 woman or a family traveling. There was also a micro/fridge and a table to eat at.......the only other con was that there were 2 doors, front and back, and for some that might be a safety issue. There's also no breakfast, but I eat out when in Gatlinburg so that is not an issue for me. If my favorite place to stay was full, I'd definitely go here -- finding a clean room is becoming a rare treat these days!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DallasPepper
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2012

My husband and I stayed here in the Special Occasions room for the week after Thanksgiving and through the weekend to watch the Christmas parade. We really enjoyed ourselves. Although it is only a room it was wonderful. The large in room Jacuzzi tub was fantastic, especially with the gas fireplace beside it. The bed was very comfortable and we were given anything we asked for, ie extra pillows and towels. There was also a hot tub under the covered patio that we enjoyed. This room is above the main hotel on a hillside and shares the property with the attached Wilheim house. I was able to peak inside the house one day while it was being cleaned and can say it is also very nice. Parking is available at the main hotel to walk to town. We did not mind having to drive down and park to do this. The flat screen TV and channel selection was very good. Easy booking, check in and out. We look forward to coming back in 2012. Oh, when we stood outside we could easily see the space needle nearby and here music being played downtown. Thank you, Jack Huffs!

• Stayed December 2011
2 Thank GamecockWoman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2012

Though the furnishings inside the rooms in the older side of the hotel (there are 2 sections) seemed very dated, don't be fooled! The great channel selection, new tv, and overall cleanliness factor were amazing. (It may be one of the cleanest rooms I have ever seen at a hotel!) The beds and pillows were firm, though comfortable. The staff was excellent from check-in to check-out. Great experience!

• Stayed January 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank TheKellyFam
Decatur, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

This was our first time to stay at Jack Huff's and we absolutely loved it. The room was exceptionally clean and the staff was wonderful. Check-in and check-out went smoothly and quickly. We checked TripAdvisor for their reviews and the rating for Jack Huff's was right on the money. We will stay here again!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple