“NICE PLACE.”

Carr's Northside Cottages & Motel
Ranked #27 of 78 Hotels in Gatlinburg
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed at Carr's for the first time this weekend. Our room had 2 queen beds and was beside the stream. It was so nice to hear the stream running all night long. They have a very nice picnic/firepit area just outside beside the stream that I imagine would be a wonderful place to relax during the warmer months. They have an outdoor pool which looked nice also. We were able to walk to town for dinner (only 3 blocks). The staff were very nice and gave recommendations for a wonderful place to get pizza (Cappelli's). We liked that there was a sink in the bathroom and another outside so that we weren't competing for space. This is an older motel, but had everything we needed for our stay. It would have been nice to have in-room coffeemaker, but the office had coffee just across the parking lot from our room. We enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: we had room 103, 2 queen beds, bathroom, no kitchen, no fireplace, ground floor streamside.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cinjim

Reviewed 3 February 2012

I have stayed at Carr's for the past 14 years. The service is fabulous. There is always fresh made coffee in the office. Each room has 3 beds and a sleeper sofa, Tv, kitchen area, bathroom and living room area. I have never stayed in a better place. It is worth every penny. I would recommend it to a friend in an instant. You can hear the Roaring Fork Creek which is located right in front of the motel/cabins. Pool is always open. The hot tub is great. It is in walking distance from Downtown. Gatlinburg. Nice little resturaunts in walking distance. Can book your reservations on the 1st of the year. Now you can book several years in advance. It is a must stay place for any Gatlinburg goer.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank gatlinburg4ever
Reviewed 4 January 2012

My family and I have been coming here as long as I can remember. In fact, I now bring my kids here. This place is not a luxury facility, however, it's a perfect location to downtown Gatlinburg; it's right along a creek; it's private.

Room Tip: Pick a room along the creek
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Mommysj
Reviewed 1 January 2012

My fiance and I have started a new tradition of celebrating New Year's in Gatlinburg, Tn. While visiting Carr's for the first time this year, we have decided to added them as part of our tradition, also. We had a great experience. The room was clean, the staff was courteous and I can't forget how economical the rate was,especially during the holiday season. I would recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Douglassa S
Reviewed 28 December 2011

the hotel was clean and the staff were friendly! The only drawback was that it was rather far from downtown Gatlinburg, that is walking of course.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family