“For budget-minded, this is it!”

Laurel Inn Condominiums
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Off the main street a little bit, but enjoyed the walking! Maybe 2 New York blocks from everything. The 2br condo was very clean, well decorated- everything there that we needed! Nice to park and not have to fight the traffic to get to restaurants, etc. But the selling point for this property by far is the wonderful staff! Couldn't have been more accomodating and kind! Loved Linda! We will see them next year... Or sooner if Ihave my way!

Room Tip: Worth it to upgrade to a 2br 2 bath. We stayed one night in the 1 br 1 ba.. Not as nice.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 September 2011

We had a wonderful trip. This hotel is just barely off the beaten path. It is easily within walking distance of all of gatlinburg. It is very quiet and cozy. The view from the balcony was very nice. The Staff was super nice. I will be booking this again next year.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2011

We booked our 1BR/1BA condo for two nights on Orbitz. For the money, I would recommend the Laurel Inn.

Krissy checked us is and made us feel more at ease because the googlemaps directions to the place left us lost and frustrated and ready to go somewhere else had we not already paid for the room. NOTE: NEXT TO THE STREET LIGHTS ON THE STRIP, THERE ARE STREET NUMBERS. The street number 8 is the street to turn up the hill towards the Laurel Inn (you can only turn one way). Googlemaps didn't have a street name (or number) in the directions off the strip.

We were in room 210, which was clean and comfortable enough but outdated. The TV's need replaced with newer models. They both had to be 15-20 years old. And the VHS player....I would recommend the staff remove it. I haven't used a VHS since my kids used to watch Barney over and over again in the 1990's. With the utensils, cookware, etc., you can bring basic items to cook a meal if you'd like, which was nice. All and all, I will say that it's obvious that they keep the rooms clean and maintained and for the money, you can't ask for much more than that.

The location of the Laurel Inn is tucked away about 3/10th of a mile up the hill. There are wooden steps you will need to navigate (5 flights, 68 steps total) to get to ground level from where you can cut across a couple parking lots, walk down a street about a quarter mile and you're on the strip. The return trip though, is up hill/steps. The positive to this is that you then won't have to deal with traffic, construction, or parking in town (most places were charging $5 for public parking unless you were a customer).

A HUGE plus to this location is that it's on the end of town closest to the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. If you've never been to the park OR to Gatlinburg, the contrast will shock you. Driving the strip out of town past street #10 you will immediately leave the carnival atmosphere of Gatlinburg and enter DIRECTLY in to the beauty of the park. It was like going straight from a state fair-like environment to heaven, actually.

Unfortunately, the ambiance of the Laurel Inn was bruised the morning of our departure when we noticed mattresses had been discarded in to the parking lot. This, and the fact that someone parked their poorly maintained pick-up truck up against my front bumper. Call me picky but if every 15 minutes something irrates you, it's time to go home and considering this was a 2nd leg to our trip and the first leg was perfect, our time to leave couldn't have come soon enough.

That said......the Laurel Inn is average but clean and well worth the money and the Park was outstanding.

I would recommend the Laurel Inn.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2011

Lady at the front couldn't have been nicer. We got a room with a jacuzzi and it was good. The only complaint I have is the bed is more on the firm side. A lot of people like it that way, I dont lol. But nothing else to complain about, good location, good price. I enjoy it.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2011

Me and my fiance stayed for 3nights and loved it!!!! We had a one bedroom with a jacuzzi very nice just for a couple.The kitchen and things like that are small but are perfect for just a couple or a family of 3!!! They wasnt one spot of dirt ANYWHERE VERY CLEAN!!! It was near enough to walk downtown but still feel like you are away in the mountains. It is a pretty good hike back and forth to downtown if you dont mind that you will be fine. Also right across the street from where you are staying is a parking deck that is very convenient walk.The staff is super nice!!! I had called several places before choosing Laurel inn and I got some of the rudest people. The only downside is the bed we had was not comfortable at all!!!! And you can hear everything through the walls. But it was that crowded when we went so it was that big of a deal. And all the rooms are different so I dont expect that all the beds are as bad as some others. We will stay again......

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple