“permanent sites only, much more peaceful than traffic at all hours.”

and 1 more site!
Arrow Creek Campground
Reviewed 2 December 2016

we have had our camper here for 14 months on 12/2016, it is a very clean and quiet family oriented camp ground. The owners/managers are extremely helpful and go out of there way to maintain a welcome environment.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank c b

Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a total of 6 nights. The cabin was very clean and we had everything we needed. We were with two more couples, so we didn't spend a lot of time in the campground. But our morning coffee on the front porch was enjoyable, and the bed was very comfortable at night! We even had a chance to squeeze in fellowship around the campfire one night. Will definitely stay here again when we are back in that area!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank debbie112960
Reviewed 4 October 2016

My husband & I, and 2 other trike couples just got back yesterday from spending 4+ nights in the little camping cabins. For what we were wanting - clean bed to sleep in, bathroom, coffee pot, place to fellowship outside - these cabins were just about perfect!! We usually left early in the morning with our trikes loaded for the day (picnic lunch packed) and came back around dark, cooking an easy meal a few times or eating before we got back - but being able to wind down around a campfire. The campground is a little tight compared to some, but there were not many people actually there when we were there, so it was not a big deal. We had plenty of room for our trucks and trailers that we hauled our trikes on. The owners & staff were super friendly and accommodating to our group - and we tried to repay them by leaving things as we found them. 2 of us couples had the cabins that back up to the road, but the road noise did not bother us. Will definitely keep Arrow Creek in mind when we plan another trip in the area!!!

Room Tip: Shower in bathroom is very small, but sufficient - that is the closest thing to a complaint any of u...
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2016

My husband and I stayed at a cabin this campground for 5 days in early September for our honeymoon. We wanted something close to the park but not in the middle of Gatlinburg and all of the tourist traps. We also wanted something affordable and basic as we didn't plan on spending much time at cabin. The campground and cabin met all of those needs and more, but it did have a few minor drawbacks.

The campground is located about 25 minutes outside of downtown Gatlinburg. We enjoyed this because we preferred to be somewhere a little more relaxed and quiet. While this place is a nicely wooded and well kept campground, this is a noticeable amount of road noise. I had read reviews prior to booking that had mentioned this, so when I emailed about reserving a cabin I inquired about it. I was told that road noise can be heard but is less audible in the three cabins situated a little further back in the campground. So, I'd thought when booking, we'd get preference for a cabin further back. A big FYI is that you're not assigned a cabin when you book. The email I got after reserving says that cabins are based on what is available when you arrive. So we ended up with one of the cabins near the road. It honestly wasn't as bad as I'd thought (probably cause it wasn't peak season) but we had to keep the AC on at night to drown it out and it made for a less peaceful time sitting around the campfire.

Aside from the noise, we really enjoyed the cabin. It was very clean and stocked with basic essentials. It has a small kitchenette with a mini fridge, microwave, toaster and an electric skillet. We pretty much only cooked eggs for breakfast and made a couple camp pies. I think it would be a bit challenging to do a whole lot of cooking in there as there is very limited counter space. If all you need is a place to sleep, take a hot shower, and relax around the campfire, this place will meet all your needs and more. The only other thing I can say about the cabin was that I was a little put off by the maid tips envelope left on the counter. I always tip, especially when deserved, but I was charged a 25 dollar cleaning fee and received no maid services during my stay (we were to launder our towels if we needed more than supplied and they don't replenish paper supplies) so I didn't really understand why tips would be expected.

Anyhow the campground as a whole was very nice. I liked that it was wooded and shady and it looked very well kept. There is a playground for small children, a basketball hoop area, and a nice swimming pool all available for visitors use. There is also free wifi available. It was sometimes spotty in strength but that wasn't a big deal at all since we mainly only used internet to look up hikes in the park and get directions on GPS. The sites are a bit close to each other, as other reviewers mentioned, but that seemed to case for pretty much every RV campground I looked at before booking. We were not at the campground for long periods of time, but received wonderful service from Ginger (one of the owners) and talked to a very nice retired couple who lives there during the warmer months. We also met the owner's cat Milo, an adorable and friendly orange tabby who made us miss our cats a little less while on vacation.

Overall, we were pretty happy with our stay at the campground. I not sure that we'd stay again, only because I prefer somewhere more quiet and peaceful when camping. But I'd definitely recommend this campground to others looking for an affordable and clean cabin in a nicely kept campground with very friendly owners and guests.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

We loved it. It's in a great location right outside of town. Everything was very clean and nice. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. We used the pool every evening after a fun day of adventure. The cabin was perfect for the 3 of us. We would return.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family