“private yet easy location”

Review of Grandma's Gift

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
merryweat...
England
“Fantastic location but cabin not to our taste”
Reviewed 13 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

I was disappointed with this rental as I emailed prior to booking asking about curtains etc in the bedroom area and was told there were blinds. I was therefore dismayed to arrive not only to a window with no blind directly above the bed but to realise the sleeping area was so open plan and was awoken every morning with the light streaming in the somewhat dirty windows. It felt a bit like sleeping in a goldfish bowl. I am sure it would suit some people but not us which is why I emailed before booking and would have appreciated a more honest answer.

We also struggled with the open plan nature of the bathroom walls not reaching the ceiling.

The kitchen cutlery needs restocking - if we had been a party of four there would not have been anough knifes or forks. I struggled to prepare food with no chopping boards or a sharp chopping knife. It would also be nice for some furnture on the fabulous deck to eat out.

We arrived to the Jacuzzi already on and over heated to the point we could not use it the first night. Instructions for the jacuzzi would have been nice as it would have been niice to be able to switch it off overnight as the noise from it cutting in and out also disturbed our sleep. Lastly whilst the deck was fantastic it was a little disappointing to see a large, I presume new, hotel/apartment complex spoiling the view in the distance which do not feature on the brochure pictures.

Despite all these niggles we still enjoyed our time but it was a little disappointing. My comments above are to help others make the right choice for them.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
18 Nov 2015
Thanks for taking the time to review your stay at our Grandma's Gift cabin. It's great to hear that your enjoyed your time there and felt that it was in a great location.
I apologize that there was a misunderstanding about window blinds. When you asked about privacy we explained that there are blinds on the entry side windows facing the road which is the only place where anyone can see in. The mountain view side of the cabin doe's not have blinds on the windows because that would cover up the spectacular view. The hotel you mention in the view is over 3 miles away and doe's not block the view in any way.
I will check with houskeeping to make sure the kitchen is stocked with enough regular and sharp knifes and a cutting board.
The hot tub on the deck is fully adjustable and can even be turned off. If you would have contacted us during your stay we could helped you with any adjustments.
Glad to hear that you felt the deck was fantastic, it doe's have 2 rockers and a side table for your use.
We do apprecate your feedback and hope to see you again soon.
Dreamlife...
The world
“private yet easy location”
Reviewed 28 September 2015 for a stay in September 2015

This is the second time we've stayed with SMC Rentals and we've been pleased both times. Cabin is clean and comfortable. The view was lovely. There is an illusion of privacy, even though other cabins are nearby, but it's very easy to get to. It was super quiet. The bed is comfortable. All around great place to stay. I do suggest bringing your own knives if you plan on cooking.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The privacy.
Liked least: The kitchen equipment.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
30 Sep 2015
Thanks for taking time to review your stay at our Grandma's Gift chalet. I'm glad to hear that you felt the cabin was clean and comfortable. We will send housekeeping out right away to check the knife assortment and make sure there are plenty in the kitchen. Thanks for the second visit and please come back to see us soon.
Alison L
Byron Center, Michigan
“Private yet close to it all”
Reviewed 8 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

My husband and I stayed in Grandma's Gift for 3 nights for our anniversary trip to the Smokies. Overall it was very nice. The cabin interior is smaller than the pictures lead you to believe, the kitchen especially is small with minimal counter space. But for just the two of us it was just fine. It says it can sleep up to 4 people because of the pull out couch in the living room but I would think that would be quite cramped. The only bathroom is located upstairs as a part of the master suite so that could cause problems if more than one couple were staying. Like I mentioned though, for the two of us it was cozy and perfect. I was impressed with how clean the cabin was! The hot tub even was immaculate. My favorite part of the cabin was its location. You are right off the main road going through Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, yet up a secluded mountain road a ways so it feels very private... No traffic noise or anything. And no neighboring cabins either. One tip, make sure you bring some kitchen basics with you if you plan to cook at the cabin. The supply a few plates/cups/bowls along with like 2 pots, and some silverware. You will need more pans and cutlery if you plan to do much at all. They do provide a coffee maker and blender along with the standard kitchen appliances. Everything worked nicely. Also there are no cleaning supplies other than a broom, so if you are a neat freak like me and are staying for a while, pack accordingly. Overall we were very happy with this cabin and would return again.

19 Jan 2015
Thanks for taking time to review your stay in our Grandma's Gift. Glad to hear that you felt that it was very nice and were very happy with the cabin. I will have housekeeping check the kitchen to make sure it's fully stocked. Although the cabin will sleep 4 it's best use is for 2 adults, however it can also work for 2 adults and 2 children on the sleeper sofa. Thanks for the kind words and please keep Smoky Mountain Chalet Rentals in mind when you return to the area.
NC
Reviewed 8 April 2012 for a stay in March 2012

Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Ohio
Reviewed 13 January 2011 for a stay in September 2010
people found this review helpful

Check-in / front desk Service
Liked best: Proximity to both outdoor and indoor activities
Liked least: Mattress was a little firm
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 18-24
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Large groups Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing