“MOST BEAUTIFUL chapel in Gatlinburg!”
Review of Chapel In The Glen

Chapel In The Glen
Ranked #62 of 113 things to do in Gatlinburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Secluded, intimate, romantic and unique - away from the downtown traffic, the noise, the crowds, yet easy to find - our quiet natural environment is the picture perfect setting for your Wedding or Vow Renewal ceremony. Nestled in country woodlands next to the Smoky Mountains National Park, our rustic log chapel for up to 45 guests provides a wonderfully intimate atmosphere for your indoor ceremony. Our outdoor Garden Waterfall setting for up to 25 guests is without a doubt the most beautiful in our area. We always hold the Chapel in readiness in case of uncooperative weather. Our affordable packages can be customized to meet your needs or we can customize a package just for you. We offer Wedding or Renewal Ceremony, Family Bonds ceremony (to include Children), Photography, Silk or Fresh Rose Bridal bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, etc., Sand Ceremony, Cakes (boxed and ready to take with you), Toasting Goblets, Processional and Recessional music*, Unity Candle Ceremony* & Ceremony DVD*, Photo CD with Reprint Release, Limo service, Receptions, and other amenities as well.*These items available indoors only!Our experienced, professional, caring staff provides a solid foundation for coordinating your ceremony needs start to finish. Our professional photographer captures the memories and joy of your special event in photos for your lasting enjoyment.Our Ordained Christian Minister personalizes a lovely, meaningful Christian Wedding or Renewal Ceremony.Our helpful, experienced coordinator will guide you and your wedding party, ensuring that your ceremony goes smoothly, and is as stress free as possible. Please consider Chapel in the Glen for your Wedding or Vow Renewal.
Reviewed 20 May 2011

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Missy helped book my wedding and was there when we got married! She was wonderful. The photos turned out awesome and very professional! Our photographer was Emily and she could not have done a better job. Amazing! All together was the perfect most hassle free planning. We brought 40 of our friends and they were all very happy also! GET MARRIED HERE!!

Reviewed 18 May 2010

My husband and I were married at Chapel in the Glen earlier this year. While the Chapel surroundings are beautiful, the staff could not have been more unhelpful. We were rushed through the ceremony, rushed through the pictures (which didn't really turn out good anyway) and we felt as though we had been cheated out of precious memories. While I wouldn't trade our wedding day for anything, I would certainly do things differently if I could. Beware: they are very nice until they have your payment in full and you are there in your wedding attire!

11  Thank FGlass11
Maureen C, Owner at Chapel In The Glen, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

The Chapel is now under new management and I am proud to say that our staff is very friendly, very helpful and they have over 30 years of combined experience in the wedding industry. We also value our customers very much and we take our responsibility to meet our customers needs very seriously. We do try to maintain a timely schedule to make sure all weddings flow smoothly. As the owner I am very sorry about your experience and please know that we strive to make every experience at our Chapel the most special and wonderful day for everyone involved.

Reviewed 28 April 2010

I just got married at this chapel. I chose the venue for the natural beauty surrounding it. The chapel was just what I wanted but the pictures were horrible and I mean horrible they are very rushed and there is no way this person was a professional photographer. The people were very nice but the officiant was made several inappropriate comments during the ceremony and coughed through the entire ceremony. The DVD is worthless you cannot hear the bride and groom only the officiant and his coughing. I only would recommend this chapel if you don't care about the photos the DVD or if the officiant makes what he thinks as funny comments like going to the pawn shop to pawn your rings. But the environment is beautiful.

5  Thank Ladybaby2010

The Chapel is now under new management and I am proud to say that our staff is very friendly, very helpful, and they have over 30 years of combined experience in the wedding industry. We also value our customers very much and we take our responsibility to meet our customers needs very seriously. We now have a professional photographer with many years of experience and our customers have been absolutely joyful when they see their pictures. As the owner, I am very sorry to hear about your experience. Please know that we strive to make each experience at our Chapel the most special and wonderful day for everyone involved.

Reviewed 12 September 2009

My husband and I got married at the Chapel in the Glen on 9/05/09. It was a wonderful experience. All the staff was so helpful before, during, and after the wedding. I booked our wedding through Pattie. Any question I had, she was glad to answer. Also, Our wedding was scheduled to take place at the waterfall, but it was raining heavy, so we were married in the chapel. It was beautiful. All the pictures were so professionally done. The staff at the Glen not only make us feel welcome, but our wedding party was also treated as welcome. I would totally recommend the Chapel in the Glen to any couple who wants the perfect wedding. We plan on returning to the Glen on our anniversary after 5 years to renew our vows. Thank you so much Pattie and Rev. Ray for helping make our wedding perfect. And, If you read this, Bubba says "hey". Ha. Ha. Pattie will know who this is. Thank you so much for everything. Mr. and Mrs. Jerry Mitchell.

1  Thank teresabarney65
Reviewed 17 June 2009

I had the same experience as did the last reviewer, but worse. Everyone was very nice getting us signed up- e-mailing back right away, getting me the information needed. The grounds were very nice, the chapel wasn't in excellent shape & smelled musty, but we were married outside. Many, many pictures were taken & when we arrived to pick up our pictures & listen to the selling pitch the photographer actually became quite rude & told us we "needed to hire a $5,000.00 photographer!!" My son said the "kiss" picture was "wierd", her response to that was "You're wierd!" My husband & I had been commenting, as we were sifting through the pictures deciding on our 10 that came with the package, on how people were looking in the wrong direction, or had their eyes closed, or had gum in their mouths, etc. (So many of the pictures were ruined for that reason....) Apparently, she took offense to that. We never did mention to her what a bad angle she had taken most of the ceremony pictures from & that most of them showed the back of my (bride's) head! Several days after the ceremony I sent an e-mail thanking her & apologizing, explaining the things we had said were in reference to our facial expressions & not her pictures (we were thinking those things, but did not express that at all to her). I also explained in the e-mail that we were unable to purchase the entire package & asked in she would consider splitting it up. She never even replied. Though, prior to the wedding must have e-mailed me 6-8 different times. I took the e-mail & forwarded it to their general e-mail address & got a response completely unrelated to my e-mail. I agree with the last reveiwer that it is a nice location & they are nice and helpful up to your set date, but would not recommend it, as I do not even feel comfortable now ordering any larger sizes of the pics that are available to us, in fear that we may never even get them. My cousin was married at another chapel in Gatlinburg & had a much better experience.

6  Thank Lovevacations77

The Chapel is now under new management and I am proud to say that our staff is very friendly, very helpful, and they have over 30 years of combined experience in the wedding industry. We value our customers very much and we take our responsibility to meet our customers needs very seriously. As the owner, I am sorry to hear about your experience. We now have a professional photographer on staff with many years of experience and our customers have been extremely happy when they view their pictures. Again, I am so sorry but please know that we strive to make each experience at our Chapel the most special and wonderful day for everyone involved.