“I've been to real family pubs in England and Ireland--this is authentic.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Fox & Parrot Tavern

The Fox & Parrot Tavern
Ranked #56 of 188 Restaurants in Gatlinburg
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Atlanta, Georgia
“I've been to real family pubs in England and Ireland--this is authentic.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

This is a great little place to eat and relax. This place feels just like the pubs my husband and I have visited in Europe. We've had a Guiness and authenic British fare every time and we love it [three times so far]. British food is less intense than American food so some people don't like it. I'd suggest fish and chips for such folks. I personally love corned beef, cabbage and potatoes and shepherd's pie, but I love re-experiencing what I enjoyed in England. My husband, 18 yr. old daughter and 3 yr. old daughter loved the break from the fun, but kitchy shopping in Gatlinburg. We threw darts, played Jenga, read a Dr. Suess book while sitting on a rocking horse [3 yr. old], and 'read the walls' while we sipped our drinks and waited for our lunch. A sitting area with a real pot bellied stove and a wide screen of news quitely playing from above it gave an extra warm and neighborhood-community atmosphere that we enjoy. If you want to add to your life experiences, this is an inexpensive and delightful stop where you can have a little taste of Britain.

• Visited February 2012

Roanoke, Virginia, United States
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

We visited The Fox and Parrot last week. The fish and chips are the best I have had. My husband had a ruben and he loved it. They had an wonderful selection of drinks. Their food is homemade and you can tell. The staff was very warm and friendly. Brian who owns the Tavern is a most gracious host and hilarious. When in Gatlinburg, TN we will always go there to eat. Thanks Brian and your staff.

• Visited February 2012
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
“Great Pub! BIG selection of Ale's ye' Lads and Lassies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

Brian is the Proprietor and he is the hostess with the mostess. My family and I love this place and look forward to our spring visit. The food is real Brit Pub food so yummy. Everything on the menu is home made, we went back a second night. Very casual and relaxing with great decor Brian has collected for years, fun to set back and watch and listen to the locals. Read the other reviews for ideas on choices for brit food. YES, there still is a placeswith atmosphere and a real owner who can talk a great story and listen to yours at the same time. We made a great friendship. Thanks Brian! My sons had a great time and begged to come back the next night, and this now this spring! Highly recommend!

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank Penne W
Helena, Alabama
“Fun, warm place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2012

I researched the Fox and Parrot Tavern for an earlier trip to the area and didn't get to go, so when the weather turned rainy during a recent trip, we decided to have lunch there. It was really a wonderful experience! Very family-friendly and the food was delicious. The menu offerings were a good blend of the more unusual authentic English tavern food, and regular American fare, and the staff were friendly, fun and helpful. I had Bubble & Squeak, and my husband had Shepherd's Pie. Both were delicious! There are several TV's, reading material, a children's play area, and couches around the wood-burning stove. I hate that we missed the live music on Friday night. I plan to come back--this WILL be my "go-to" place if we're ever in Gatlinburg on a football weekend. I love the Arts and Crafts community, and now I know where to eat when we're there!

• Visited January 2012
Nashville, Tennessee
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Like being with the family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

Fish & Chips are best ever! This is definitely a "local's place" to visit. Nothing else is like it. Thanks Brian!

Visited January 2012