All reviews small hotel king bed in town air conditioner comfortable place to stay enjoy the view north shore lake superior restaurants and shops jeremy balcony mattress soap scenery pets sunrise
Reviewed 9 October 2018 via mobile

People seem to set the bar extremely high for a North Shore hotel. If you’re looking for something fancy, stay in Duluth. If you’re looking to come to the North Shore to be outside then and just need a place to stay, then this hotel is perfect. It is CLEAN. which is the only reason I’m writing a review. We heard there are new owners and they really made an effort to make it clean and nice. It’s the best location for Grand Marais. It doesn’t have a restaurant, but there are many within walking distance. If you’re complaining about the lack of TV options then I don’t really understand why you’re up here in the first place? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 October 2018

First, tripadvisor should change the title for the motel. It no longer has a restaurant. In case you do not read any further, please save yourself some misery not to mention $ and read other reviews at least back through 2017.
I try not to give completely negative reviews, so here were the positives about our stay in Room #10. Nice owners and help. Good view of the harbor. Appeared to be clean. Good king bed and linens, new towels, and new bathroom fixtures.
Other than that this place was a mess and way over priced. The room was small, poorly lit, and seating furniture/lounge was very uncomfortable. No closet. TV remote did not function properly. No telephone or alarm clock. No ice machine. Shower floor was slippery and bathroom fan was very noisy. No facial tissue. The least expensive items not included in what appeared to be a do it yourself remodel were the absence of a single hook to hang rain jackets or winter coats or a bathrobe in the bathroom.
The exterior appearances of the other hotels in the city would lead me to suspect I should follow the advice of the Oct. 2017 reviewer of lives in Grand Marais and stay in a different city on the North Shore.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2018

This was the most expensive hotel we stayed in during our 10 day trip, and it was one of the most simple rooms we had. Only the location saved the day, but I'm still not sure I'd pay that much again. The room had a fridge, tv, beds were nice and comfortable enough. The room seemed clean, everything you'd expect to shine did, but it looked like the cleaners just cleaned where they were told to clean, and overlooked other places, like some smears on the walls. The office was just a little hallway from the front of the hotel to the back, and it is only staffed from 8am to 8pm. When we decided to leave before 8am, I was a bit confused as to what to do, there were no key drops or info to tell you what to do, so we just left the key in the room. Again, the location is what this place has to offer. A water view and short walking distance to all the restaurants and shops. They also have small outdoor seating areas outside the rooms with beautiful flower decorations.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank norskies
Reviewed 19 August 2018

This motel is great to stay at--it is in the center of downtown. The prices compared to other places in this town are really reasonable. We come back here every year for "Fisherman,s Picnic" and this year we were really pleasantly surprised to find our same room has been beautifully remodeled. We love the convenience of staying downtown. Close to all the activities. We are sorry the restaurant closed--it was the best--but they have expanded the hotel into that space. The owners Jeremy and his wife are very personable. Nice Nice people. Thanks so much See you again next year.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 August 2018

My husband surprised me with a long weekend trip to Grand Marais on the North Shore of Mn. When he called ever room in town habeen booked. He kept looking around one room left at Harbor Inn. Boy am I glad our usuals were full. And most of all Harbor Inn had one room available. Lord have Mercy. It was just what we needed. No steps. Very clean. Very comfy bed. Did I say comfy bed? All remodeled. Bathroom and shower was wonderful. It was a perfect room for us. Thank you Harbor Inn owners for a good stay. See you next summer! I highly recommend Harbor Inn in Grand Marais Mn.

Room Tip: For us it is accessible.
Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple