“Great views and great food”
Review of Angry Trout Cafe

Angry Trout Cafe
Ranked #10 of 37 Restaurants in Grand Marais
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are the Angry Trout Café, serving local fresh ingredients. We do not allow animals.
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Located right on the harbor in Grand Marias. you will fall in love with the plate upon recieving. - this restaurant offers great food with a special presentation made to appeal to all. The fresh caught white fish was great as was the house salads and dressings and homemade tartar sauce. YUMMM
The only negative was the food came so fast- I wasnted to enjoy the ambiance of the restaurant!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,011)

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

The whitefish is excellent along with the sides. Generous portions. I took leftovers for lunch the next day. Outside seating gives a great view. A must stop when in Grand Marais.

Reviewed 15 June 2018

We have been here before and really like the whitefish dinner. This time our wait staff was attentive and very good. Busy place.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

This was my first visit to Angry Trout. Friends told me not to miss it and I’m glad that I stopped in. I had the grilled trout sandwich which was prepared to perfection. The only downside was that it came with a side of potato chips. I have nothing against potato chips in general but I don’t consider them a meal item. Maybe it was my fault for not asking more questions but our sever didn’t offer much for a first time visitor. Otherwise it’s a great location with a beautiful view of Lake Superior in a very quaint community. I will return.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

I wish I lived closer to Grand Marais so I could frequent this place;it is that good. I had a lovely sauteed trout with accompaniments, with not a single loser in the bunch. Service was attentive but not invasive, and friendly. Love the heron carving on the front door, and the interior water-themed stained glass panels. So many thoughtful details. Parking is the only hassle, but really - completely worth it.