“Fresh Fish”

Angry Trout Cafe
Ranked #10 of 37 Restaurants in Grand Marais
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are the Angry Trout Café, serving local fresh ingredients. We do not allow animals.
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

This was my first visit to Angry Trout. Friends told me not to miss it and I’m glad that I stopped in. I had the grilled trout sandwich which was prepared to perfection. The only downside was that it came with a side of potato chips. I have nothing against potato chips in general but I don’t consider them a meal item. Maybe it was my fault for not asking more questions but our sever didn’t offer much for a first time visitor. Otherwise it’s a great location with a beautiful view of Lake Superior in a very quaint community. I will return.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,008)

Reviewed 8 June 2018

I wish I lived closer to Grand Marais so I could frequent this place;it is that good. I had a lovely sauteed trout with accompaniments, with not a single loser in the bunch. Service was attentive but not invasive, and friendly. Love the heron carving on the front door, and the interior water-themed stained glass panels. So many thoughtful details. Parking is the only hassle, but really - completely worth it.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

We have stopped here many times when traveling through Grand Marais. We have always had friendly fast service, excellent fish, fries, salad, chowders, drinks and desserts. Everything is always the freshest and highest quality. I can't say enough about what a charming place with a view as a bonus.

Reviewed 2 June 2018

Wonderful fish assortment. Waiter made a recommendation that we really enjoyed. Sure stop for us again!

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

The food at Angry Trout is locally sourced and very fresh. I enjoyed the house salad with fresh caught lake trout which was cooked to perfection. My husband loved the bison burger but the coleslaw was bland. Service was slower but friendly, and the place had a very hipster feel. Parking is basically non-existent so it can be frustrating looking for street parking. Overall, quaint, clean and healthy options.