“Average stay”

Comfort Inn Near Gila National Forest
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Silver City
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Arrived at about 3:30PM after traveling for the day. No person at front desk. Just a sign saying the clerk was temporarily gone. We could see a person in the laundry room directly behind the front desk and she came out after keeping us waiting a few minutes. She was not very friendly and acted like we were "bothering" her. We got checked in and went to the room. It was good sized and everything was clean. And there was a microwave & refrigerator. They were not very full for the night and we did not hear a lot of noise. But the few times there were people in the hallway and doors slamming it was very loud. So noise could be a problem on a busy weekend. The breakfast the next morning was good and had a good variety of hot items. The breakfast hostess was not very hospitable. She was quite grumpy. The desk clerk at check out was friendly and check out was easy. We did not have any real problems but would try to find somewhere else next time.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 November 2011

As a norm, we prefer to stay at Comfort Inn because of the quality of service and the overall quality of the rooms. However, we were greatly disappointed in our stay at the Silver City Comfort Inn. We checked into our hotel room on Friday afternoon, October 7, 2011. We had to plug in the lamps, television, microwave and refrigerator. The carpet was stained, worn and filthy. The sheets were scratchy and dingy. The interior of the refrigerator was moldy. The interior of the microwave was filthy and also had mold. We talked to the night clerk who said that there wasn't anything she could do and that the maintenance man couldn't be located. She did indicate that she would adjust our room rate. However, upon checkout, we found that the room rate hadn't been adjusted.

We sent a letter to Choice Hotels outlining the experience. We received back a letter stating that each Hotel was independently owned and we would need to speak with the owner of that particular hotel. We forwarded our complaint to the owner of the Comfort Inn in Silver City and have heard not one word.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank cowboycraic
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I booked a room here during a recent family trip. (I booked 2 rooms but had a horrible experience with one).

I was assigned 231

1. I checked in by 6pm took the keys and left without entering the room. I arrived at 10pm and entered room 231 (double king suite). This room had 2 airconditioners. I turned both of them on and for 2 hours my room remained steaming hot. I called the front desk and complained about the AC. The young man in charge came to the room, admitted that the room was like an oven and promised to speak with the manager. He later returned and stated that he tried to relocate me to another hotel (by 12 MN! I had 2 young children), unfortunately all the hotels in Silver city were fully booked. He checked the AC filters which were clean. He then stated that the manager said to offer me a fan!!
Unfortunately, the windows were secured to open only 2 inches. So i had to stay in the steaming room till morning with a fan (I have pictures of this).

The next morning I asked to speak with the manager. The receptionist refused to allow me speak with the manager. Rather she stated that she needs to inspect the room again to verify my claims!! despite seeing the notes left by the receptionist on duty at night. She came into the room and once again confirmed that the one of the AC's had totally packed up and the other was just blowing warm air.

Despite all these issues, no apologies were offered, I was offered a 20 dollar discount and later another 20 dollars. I was made to pay about 90 dollars for this room.

I had read 2 horrible reviews about this hotel on tripadvisor before I made my reservation but my first choice of hotel (holiday Inn ) was fully booked the night I wanted I ended up making this foolish mistake of staying at this place.

2. The carpets were dirty, with stains (which were visible) despite the carpets color of dark brown.

3. The breakfast was horrible.

Room Tip: If you must stay in this hotel, go to you room, check to make sure the facilities are all working (A...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Amucha1
Reviewed 14 June 2011

I travel alotfor my job. This isthe first ime I stayed in Silvr Cty. Upon arrival, the desk clerk was not friendy at all....name and credit card please. Then, while inside the room, the AC barely got the room below 76 degrees (thats with running it highfor over 20 hours). The biggest disappointment were the beds. They looked ok but once I laid down on it, I felt as if I was laying on a floor somewhere. I woke up earlyt his AM due to the discomfot and felt it appropriate to warn travelers in the area. Try another hotel!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank ClaimsMachine
Reviewed 2 June 2011

I made a reservation of 4 rooms for our memorial weekend trip up to Silver City four weeks ago. We arrived and they only had 1 room available for 8 persons and a kid. I had the confirm number but even the days were wrong. After I called the general manager she did not apologize and said that was my mistake. I have to have for every room a confirmation number...hilarious! She promissed me to call me back - guess what - no call.
So stay away from this hotel! We were not the only group this happened to another group as well. Very disappointing general manager! Good for other hotels on Silver City because I book for my whole company vacation trips.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends