“Looking for a fast food Vegetarian option with tofu?”
Review of Golden Star

Golden Star
Ranked #35 of 83 Restaurants in Silver City
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Reviewed 1 August 2017

Vegetarian options when you order from the menu. They quickly prepare it for you, when cooking for yourself isn't an option. I had Interesting assortment of veggies and great flavor. Will go back again.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

This is definitely a fast food Chinese take out. Styrofoam dishes even if you ate in. The staff were excellent. Very pleasant and efficient. Food was mediocre.

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

I have never set foot in this place but tonight my husband surprised me with five not very exciting selections from their buffet.

I prefer Hunan or Szechwan, even cheap takeout Hunan or Szechwan, so this all seemed pretty bland to me.

But nothing scary and a pretty good value, too. The fresh sautéed green beans were the best of the offerings, served with some sort of white meat chicken and sauce.

Not complaining!

Reviewed 30 March 2016

There isn't many asian food resturants in town. So, we heard that you get a lot of good food here. so we went in, there were a lot of choices that you could order with no waiting. You can order off the menu but why? The food we got was great! and so much we had to take some with us. The folks that work there are pretty friendly (I think that the little guy cooking doesn't understand english) and the place was clean. We will be back when we return to town again. Thanks for the great food!

Reviewed 6 February 2016

As uninspiring (and greasy) as the hot cafeteria-style offerings appear, the secret tip to Golden Star is to place a special order with the chef, which will be done in less than 10 minutes. They are very accommodating to dietary preferences and creative suggestions, and the food comes out of the kitchen fresh, hot, and good. They can make some amazing tofu and veggie dishes if you just ask...