All reviews blue cabin buckhorn saloon gila cliff dwellings bob porch couch nm property
Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

We had the pleasure of staying in Pinos Altos Cabins in both the Red and Blue Cabins and they are really cute cabins with that very at home feel to them..the owner Bob is really sweet and the woman that helps him maintain the cabins was also very nice if I have to choose the Red cabin would be my favorite but can't beat the views of the blue.... Now for the not so good part of this review i really dont want to write this but i need to be honest both cabins desperately need new mattresses they are so hard and uncomfortable you could feel the coil springs ... Also the futon matresses for the couches need to be replaced they have no padding and are very uncomfortable to sit and relax on and are covered in pet hair and for someone like myself who is not extremely allergic but I do have allergies to large amounts of pet dander if was difficult..I would love to return to pinos altos cabins for our annual vacation to silver city nm if these things are fixed... But overall if these things are not an issue for you I recommend Pinos Altos Cabins

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank SandJ1993
Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

My wife, 10 year old daughter and I stayed in the blue cabin for my birthday trip and loved it. Bob (owner) was so very accommodating and friendly from before we even arrived. The cabins are warmly decorated and inviting. We loved the view from the porch and all the wildlife that surrounds the area. It’s just up the short hill to the town of Pinos Altos which was full of history. We loved the Buckhorn Saloon, and I was treated to one of the best steaks of my life. Wish we could have stayed longer, but definitely will return. Thank you Bob and Pinos Altos Cabins for a great birthday trip!

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Saw the rave reviews online in Australia and were very pleasantly surprised that the accomodation was even better that we'd envisaged. Bob the owner is really helpful & friendly & there if you need him. He has thought of absolutely everything. Cabins are quiet and extremely comfortable. Really pleased we were able to stay an extra night (3). Visited the amazing Gila Cliff dwellings & made a full day of it by following the Trail of the Mountain Spirits scenic byway. Most enjoyable full day out.
Thanks Bob for the heads up. Can't promise we'll be back but will certainly recommend your establishment to family in Texas & Arkansas and fellow travellers from Australia.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2017

We stayed on one of the three cabins on this property. It was a wonderful place, included a full kitchen, and was very clean. The owner lives next door and reservations are made by calling him at 575-534-0406.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bern666
Reviewed 14 March 2017

We found Pinos Altos Cabins online and were looking to stay somewhere near Silver City as we wanted to go to the Gila Cliff Dwellings. We wanted the blue cabin which was the biggest and nicest cabin, but ended up with the red cabin. It is very peaceful and perfect location for our two-night stay. Bob was very pleasant and helpful giving us advice on what to do and checking in with us. The kitchen had plenty of tableware, glasses, etc. Silverware was a bit used, but worked ok. Could have been a little cleaner, but worked just fine for us. Stove was old and small. Quaint cabin. The views were awesome and loved the quietness of the spot. We cooked both nights we were there. Loved the National Park and also the Buckhorn Saloon that Bob recommended. We will be back.

Room tip: This is a cabin in the mountains close to Silver City.
Date of stay: February 2017