All reviews brooklyn bagels new york stay there again yogurt safe area public transportation great neighborhood coney island complimentary breakfast bed was comfortable convenient location the breakfast area times square subway station manhattan avenue neighborhoods
Reviewed 30 October 2018

I enjoyed my stay at the Gregory Hotel. I grew up in Bay Ridge. You could say it was our extended back yard. If you were or are from the area you know what I mean. My family would sometimes go to the hotel to dine for special events. My recent stay at the hotel was because I was in the area for a reunion and decided it would be nice to stay over rather than make the late night trip home. I was somewhat apprehensive about staying because of some of the reviews and not knowing much about the hotel after all these years. Staying was a great idea. I was not disappointed. The room was clean. The bathroom has ample space. The room faced 4th Avenue and was very quiet. The reception staff was cordial and I checked in with no problems. Breakfast was fine and the woman attending to the breakfast area did a good job. There are plenty of places to dine and shop in Bay Ridge.
I would definitely stay here again and recommend to old friends to do the same if necessary.

Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank George W
Reviewed 20 October 2018 via mobile

I spent almost a week at the Best Western Gregory Hotel in Brooklyn where I never have been there, I mean the neighborhood.
Really nice place to stat, beautiful neighbor and the Hotel is in the middle of.
Very good breakfast and good bar. Staff was very nice at all time.
I recommend it for family trips which was my case.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 October 2018

One of the best Hotels I have ever Stayed in NYC, I had a great time there. Great location for me as I don't mind the half-hour subway ride into Manhatten. Great size room, Coffee and water in the Lobby after hours, fridge and a microwave if you require it. easy walking distance to downtown Bay Ridge and all the shops & restaurants. You even get a great choice for Breakfast. The hospitality of the receptionist who checked me was 2nd to none she is the happiest most helpful person I have ever met. and the Gentleman who sorts the Breakfast couldn't be more obliging or happy to help either. If I can't stay with friends this is definitely the Hotel I would choose.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 19 September 2018

I stayed here with my niece in a double bed room it was nice, great Staff & nice breakfast, I would recommend staying here, the area was nice & safe, shops are 4 minutes away from Hotel, Century 21 etc, if you are going there for shopping it's great, plenty of food places, it's also near the subway with easy access to Times Square etc, maybe takes 40 minutes to get there, I loved this area & I will go back to this Hotel next year & bring my friends.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 September 2018

There are positive and negatives about this property, but it's definitely seen better days. The rooms are very VERY outdated, with limited power outlets and poor shower conditions (water pressure, quality of products). Breakfast was very mediocre. The lobby had very little to no information about tourist attractions in Manhattan. The area isn't the safest to be walking around after dark. The hotel itself is at 86th Street, which is the 2nd to last R train subway stop...so a minimum of an hour to to Manhattan. The staff were okay, but no one stood out as providing outstanding service and would complain about situations while riding the elevators with guests. Overall, It's definitely a 2-3 star hotel, but needs a facelift.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank DFcanada
Hotel_Gregory_GM, Service Manager at BEST WESTERN Gregory Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay. Our property was renovated in 2016 with new room decor and public area upgrades. There are multiple outlets in each room with additional outlets on the nightstand lamps. The water pressure is restricted per our local ordinances but with the higher placement of the shower head allows for expanded coverage. Our room amenity products meet the Best Western brand standards. I am truly sorry that you didn't see the display of area attractions that is in the rear area of the lobby. Our local area is very safe with numerous restaurants and shopping within easy walking distance. The subway station is 2 blocks south at 86th St and the R line is 17 stops to Manhattan from there. The average time is usually about 35-40 minutes. I hope your next stay with us you will exceed your expectations.

Jim Snyder