2 people are viewing this hotel
SAVE US$36
Agoda.comUS$128
Hotels.comUS$137
getaroom.comUS$156
All reviews junior suite atlantic avenue rain shower boutique hotel room was spacious hotel is great prospect park enjoyed my stay new york train block neighborhood lirr nyc uber housekeeper jonathan
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 May 2020

I was looking for a hotel that would be comfortable for a long term stay. WOW did I find a gem! Being unfamiliar with New York i wanted to be in walking distance to work and found The Brooklyn by chance. On the surface it may seem like just another "converted" hotel. The carpet outside is just a prelude to the inside. A warm beautiful modern lobby and separate dining and seating area is made all the more welcoming by the staff that works there. John and Joe, along with the night crew and housekeepers are all to notch for customer service. I travel a lot so I was more than pleased that the street view did not match the excellence inside. My room was excellent and spacey. The rain shower was a wonderful surprise as was one of the most comfortable beds i have ever slept in, period. Safe neighborhood with corner store with fresh deli, laundry mart, health food, all one block away. There was nothing I wanted for. What a hidden gem this hotel was. I would have no hesitation in staying here again. Thank you John and Joey!

Date of stay: May 2020
Reviewed 27 May 2020 via mobile

My experience at the Brooklyn Hotel was AWFUL. There were so many issues with my room and the out of control guests yet the bigger issue was that the staff was powerless to address any guest issues as the manager gives them no authorization to handle guest issues. And the manager refused to lift a finger himself or empower his staff to do help guests. During my stay, the entire hotel except 2 rooms, mine + 1 other on a different floor, was rented by a group of foreign10th grade students. The biggest problem was that the hotel manager did so KNOWING that all the chaperones were booked at a completely different hotel. So zero supervision or control. These very unruly & inconsiderate children slammed doors, blasted their music with their hotel room doors open so as to hv a party in the hallway until 5:00 am. The manager never bothered to inform his staff of the chaperone-less children nor a plan (contact info for the chaperones)in the likely event that 30 teenagers would need supervision. The next morning, the manager never even apologized to me even thoughI spoke to him face to face. He remained silent & tried to look away. Another big issue was there were issues with the shower, the temperature control & the tv. I will never stay at the Brooklyn Hotel, Atlantic Avenue ever again.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 21 May 2020

This hotel is great and low key I like the way they are very helpful and quiet. This is a great place to come if you want to experience a good hotel with a great size of room and comfort. I’ll recommend for everyone to come.

Date of stay: May 2020
Reviewed 13 May 2020

My family and I temporarily relocated to Brooklyn to help during the COVID 19 crisis. The staff have been more than amazing! John and Joey have been so helpful during our stay. We haven’t met an employee that hasn’t been great to us. Everyone is always willing to help. The rooms are so spacious and housekeeping does a fabulous job keeping this hotel clean. The breakfast is always perfectly set up and it’s so nice to grab a bite and a cup of fresh coffee in the morning. This hotel also has a great location! I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again!

Date of stay: April 2020
Reviewed 1 May 2020

I came to help during the COVID 19 crisis. The staff here was amazing and helpful. The room was spacious, clean, and very nice. John-the manager was always willing to answer any questions about the area and any questions I had. Super polite and helpful. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2020