“BBQ for Real”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 10 September 2018 via mobile

My son and I got his friend hooked on Fette Sau. Sad note there was no chicken and I cannot eat red meat. Good note, the cold broccoli and potato salad rock. My son and his friend devoured the brisket etc. I was totally jealous. The wife and girlfriend tore up the leftovers.

Reviewed 11 August 2018

I was visiting from South Carolina - you can imagine when I was told we were going to a great bbq place - in NYC ??
The place is unique, looks like it was built in a n old garage, bar decorated with old knives and cleavers, picnic benches for seating. But Oh MY ! The meat is amazing - I have never had better brisket anywhere in the south - it was great. Good selection of beers - served in mason jars- what else !
I will ask to go back next time I am in NYC.

Reviewed 21 July 2018 via mobile

Fist of all, the staff are very friendly.

The barbecue and the sausage were crafted for a long time and it show.
And there is something you must have eat here.
It is baked bean.
One of the reasons you have to go here is the baked bean.

I won’t say it again.
YOU MUST HAVE EAT THE BAKED BEAN.

Reviewed 18 July 2018

BBQ meat by the pound or however much you want. A fantastic bar build out of old cleavers meat. Nice atmosphere to sit around and eat with friends. Only complaint would be that the bar staff are a bit curt.

1  Thank FleurSaz
Reviewed 14 July 2018

Feels like a grill party in a barn with picnic tables and a very cool bar. Loved the vibe. The bbque is mouth wateringly tender and definitely 5 star. I wish they would expand their sides to include mashed potatoes or baked potatoes and corn. Bartender was friendly and offered us tastes of beers before we purchased.

Been to Fette Sau? Share your experiences!