“Best BBQ in NYC”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 9 April 2017 via mobile

My friend Jack and I. Is it Feta Sau probably once every couple months .
Let's start with the bourbon list : you can find some good bourbons for 6.00 a glass and up to 50 bucks a glass . They also have a nice craft beer menu which covers a kolsch to IPA.

Food :: Pork Belly, ribs, brisket, sirloin, sausages, duck ( on occasion), did I say PORK belly lol .... always cooked perfectly nice and smoked and tastes fantastic

Price is a little high for the food as most BBQ in New York is example 29bucks per pound per item which is a lot of meat

This is a must visit if you get a chance

Hint : try and get there between 5:00 and 6:30 .... because after 7:00 the line is always out the door

Cheers

David

Reviewed 1 September 2015

yummy. BBQ in a old garage. go early (they open at 5 pm), if you don't want to wait on line. pulled pork, ribs, brisket, sausage, burnt beans, beers, whiskeys. I always feel like a "fette sau" when I'm done eating here.

Reviewed 8 July 2015 via mobile

The meat is missing the smoke flavor and it's kind of expensive. Outdoor seating is great but wish they would allow dogs out there. Overall ok.

Reviewed 1 July 2015

Fette Sau. The name is misspelled, or all these people went to a different place. Mostly salty meats, don't get the sausages. Smoke flavor nothing special. The seating at picnic tables is uncomfortable and since there is not wait staff, the tables are never bussed except by diners. kind of expensive too. People behind the counter really don't engage you, are just there to dish out the food like a school lunch. Not worth the wait.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

My girlfriend and I went to Feta Sau whilst in Brooklyn, and we loved it. You have to sit on benches with other people, which is fine and we ordered some lovely local ales to get us started.

You go up to a counter and tell the server what you would like, ribs, sausage, brisket, pulled pork and beef ribs. I had no idea what I was doing, so I just said "There are two of us, we are really hungry and we want to try a bit of everything". It was all amazing, the meat fell off the bone, and had a lovely smoked flavour.

One of the best meals we had in New York and worth taking a trip, as there are lots of pubs in the local area as well. Yummy!