2 people are viewing this hotel
SAVE US$43
Agoda.comUS$100
PricelineUS$100
travelup.comUS$128
All reviews front desk steam room valet parking new york barclays center late check housekeeping staff rooms are small subway station ani lobby bam nyc neighborhood bridge
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 January 2020 via mobile

I love walking into that hotel especially when I see the smiles on the faces and they say to me welcome back Alison makes you feel like home always there to help in any situation and the rest of the guys a very polite and the management is also on point if you have the opportunity try to get the upper floors New York is amazing view

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 January 2020

Stayed overnight the Saturday after Christmas 12/28. It was one of the most disappointing places I've ever stayed. Other than a nice lobby, there isn't much that I would have anything good to say about. For the price, the rooms are shabby at best. The furniture is scuffed up (bed frame was pulling away from the wall) and it is very drab. Housekeeping is a joke (for a 24 hour period discarded room service trays sat on a windowsill near the elevators). The cafe they have in the lobby served a horrible buffet breakfast (cold "eggs" and other crap that discourages you even more). The kicker though was that all night other "guests" were running the halls and slamming their room doors until 7 a.m in the morning (why can't they install quiet doors in these places).

Overall, I would never considered staying here again. The front desk people were nice, but didn't seem to want to really help out with anything. New York prices are high, but this is just a rip off.

Room tip: Small pets are allowed, but they are charged $150 per night (keep your pooch at home)
Date of stay: December 2019
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Brooklyn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2020

Hi tomm218,

Thank you for your review and for staying with us. We are determined to deliver the joy of travel for all. I am sorry to hear your recent stay with us was a letdown. I would like to follow-up on your experience and have sent you a private message to obtain additional details about your stay.

Again, thanks for your feedback. I look forward to your response and being of further assistance.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 2 January 2020

...who can lead and get alone well with his team. Whenever I can afford a Hotel, this is where I would go. The area is good for business and shopping shopping, I crossed the brige to manhattan, safe and convenient. located between 2 subway stops with lines that take you to many places, including Manhattan in 15 minutes. The rooms are very clean, modern. manhattan beach, coney island not far away. prospect park and botanic garden, brooklyn museum and much more. can take advantage of manhattan while not living in the middle of it. Because of a health problem, my room was changed with no discussions. I really appreciate the international staff. beautiful, friendly, respectful, young, loving people.
Carlos took the time to show me on the map how to get to the JW Headquarters in Warwick New York, which I appreciate very much. I dont know what more to say about this place. Juniors Restaurant is aslo not far, famous for its cheescakes.
I want to go back in May and hope I can afford to book a 10 day stay there.

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed 24 December 2019

We arrived at the hotel at about 4:30. We were told that our room would be ready in about 20 minutes and were asked to pre-check-in. We were told we would receive a call when our room was ready. At 6:15 we still had not gotten a call, so we returned to the hotel. After a 30 minute wait in the lobby we were finally given a room key. Another group that entered the lobby just before us still had not gotten an answer about whether the hotel even had a room available for them when we left the lobby. (This group had reserved online and pre-paid for their room.)

Our room had 2 double beds. An ordinary double bed is 75 inches long. However, approximately 6 inches of the length of the beds is BEHIND the oversized headboard. This is necessary because there wouldn't be enough space to walk between the bed and desk if the bed was in front of the (massive) headboard as in normal hotels. As a result, less than 69 inches of bed is available to sleep on. I am 5'7". I slept with my head touching the headboard and my feet still dangled off the end of the bed. In addition to being uncomfortable, it seemed unsanitary for a significant portion of the bed to be behind the headboard (or for guests to have to sleep with their heads touching the upholstered headboard). I have no idea how the housekeeping staff could ever properly clean this space.

Otherwise the hotel was clean, new, quiet and the rooms had great views.

Room tip: Don't get a room with double beds if you are over 5'8"
Reviewed 14 December 2019

The area is not so great, but safe and convenient: it is between 2 subway stops with lines that take you to many places, including Manhattan in 15 minutes. The space is limited in the hallways and rooms, but that wasn't a problem. It feels clean and recent. I would stay there again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business