All reviewssteam roomfront deskpool hoursindoor poolhotel lobbychecking inwould stay here againnearby subwaystatue of libertybarclays centerhousekeeping staffcorner roomnice roomspecial thankslate checkup to daterooms are small
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

Made reservations at Holiday Inn Downtown Brooklyn via Expedia. As soon as I finished reservation I called hotel direct to make sure I would get 2 Queen beds. I was told I would. I then checked in.... at check in I asked twice ....I’m getting 2 Queen beds right? Yes you are I was told. I get to the room and it’s 2 double beds. So I go back to desk and am told “sorry we don’t have anymore queen beds”. Why would anyone want to stay at a untrustworthy place?
In addition the rooms are very small, the one bed is right up against the window...tiny bathroom. So $325+ a night gets you untrustworthy employees and a tiny room. Stay elsewhere....I wish I did.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Nicole P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Brooklyn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Good day Sallen007,

We are terribly sorry we were unable to honor your request for two beds. We thrive to honor all our guest request but sometime we do fall short and for that we are deeply sorry.

Should you like to discuss this matter further please contact myself at 718.624.2211 ext 6107 or via email np@nyhotelmgmt.com

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Brooklyn Downtown.

Nicole Pacheco
Director of Front Office

Reviewed 13 June 2018

I was in Brooklyn to work, and my client booked this hotel for me. When I saw it was a Holiday Inn I expected an "OK" hotel experience. But this hotel was better than OK. Although small, the lobby was comfortable, and the staff were very helpful. The room--again small--was quite nice, as was the bathroom. From my window I could see the Statue of Liberty and all across Brooklyn to the harbor. The hotel's restaurant served a really good breakfast, and the service was quite good. All in all, this is a nice hotel at a very good price. I would stay here again happily.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Nicole P, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Brooklyn Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Happy Thursday Ralph D,

We take great pride in surprising you! Its was truly our pleasure to have you and should you be in the Brooklyn area again we will be thrilled to welcome you back. We thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

This hotel worked out great for a trip I took to Brooklyn. Easily accessible from JFK airport; close enough to the metro lines needed to get to Manhattan. Blocks away from the Barclays Center. Plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance. The hotel is in a good part of town; and the staff was very helpful with any of my questions.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2018

Great hotel in a really good location that's a great base for exploring both Brooklyn and Manhattan. The staff were really friendly and helpful and we were upgraded on arrival to a suite which was really nice (the only issue was that the room was overlooked by builders working directly opposite, which we weren't advised about so we had to keep our curtains closed the whole time). A good find and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 May 2018

The good:
Being in Brooklyn, the location is very good. Very close to supermarkets and 2 stations (DeKalb Avenue and Hoyt - Schermerhorn) is very easy to get in Manhattan quickly. Late night the surroundings can be shady, but never felt insecure. The room was good with several amenities (bath amenities, ironing, coffe machine, fridge, big tv with 50+ channels, etc.) and the size was ok for 3 adults. Friendly and helpful staff, free luggage storage and the quick checkout was also a plus.

The not so good:
The room's furniture was in bad condition.The room's furniture was in bad condition and barely enough for all our clothes (4 people there would be a nightmare).
The soundproofing of the room is very poor and the construction noises a constant.
The value is a bit high comparing to other options in the area.

Room Tip: Get a room opposite from the street, too much noise
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends