All reviews breakfast room yogurt tea and coffee making facilities min walk from the hotel jacuzzi bath rooms are a bit small waffle machine fine hotel new york few blocks subway station union st your luggage one night stay included breakfast never felt unsafe bottled water
Reviewed 15 April 2018

Lobby and common areas were not clean. Breakfast area too small and crowded. Even after taking the time to call and clarify the “Park and stay” package I was still charged for parking after the selecting that package.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Steinmann D, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn and Suites Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2018

Dear Milz,

Thank you for your candid feedback. I am very sorry to hear that your stay at the hotel was not up to par. Please note that this information has been passed on to our concerned staff. Despite this, we hope to be able to welcome you back on a return visit to NYC.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I was in Brooklyn for the ACC tournament and needed a hotel near The Barclays Center the Red Lion Inn seemed to perfectly fit the bill. Walking from the subway to the hotel the neighborhood quickly went from typical NYC streetscape to a bit more industrial (car repair shop, etc...). There was another new branded hotel 1/2 block away, and other construction in the area, so it looks like this is a neighborhood in transition.

The Red Lion Inn is a new-ish hotel. The tiny lobby is home to the front desk and the small breakfast room (we only had coffee). Our small, but very clean room was very comfortable. The bathroom was ideal and featured some cool toiletries (charcoal soap).

All in all the Red Lion more than met my needs...BTW, my team lost in the first round, so there was no need for a second night!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends

Dear East-mt,

Thank you for your positive comments. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am sorry to hear your team couldn't make it to the next round, best of luck next year.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

for the price it was great! My husband and I visited my daughter who lives in Brooklyn and this hotel was walkable to her apartment. It's tucked into an industrial like part of Brooklyn in the Gowanis section where she lives. We checked in late and there was some issue with a guest that the one person on the front desk was trying to deal with over the phone. He became quite animated so we thought we might be in for an uncomfortable night but we slept fine. Comfortable, clean, quiet. Will most likely stay there again when we visit our daughter again.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2018

The pictures looked great on the internet , however that is not the case! The hallway had a bad smell to it. My door was broken and my kids could not open it. I had to do it every time. Then my key did not work and to get someone to fix it was an issue as well. The room had a funny smell and it is way to small for 4 people. Room 106 was very noisy with sounds coming from the outside and inside the hotel. I did not get a good night sleep!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Steinmann D, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn and Suites Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Thank you, cconti988808, for giving us this review. We appreciate your feedback very much. I am very sorry that so many aspects of your stay with us were unsatisfactory. You mentioned an odor in the hallway and in your room, a broken door, an inoperable room key, too small of a room, disturbance from other guests and outside noise. That's enough to make anyone's stay very unpleasant. It is our goal to do all that we can to make sure that your stay is enjoyable. The issues you mentioned are definitely areas that we could have addressed and resolved to your satisfaction. It seems that we missed the mark here and, once again, I am truly sorry about this. I believe that we can improve upon these aspects and wow you. I hope that you'll give us another try to do so.

Best regards.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

It's just not very nice. There is paint missing on doors and walls. The entire building smells like weed. The walls are paper thin and you can hear everything. The rooms are small and only the bed fits in it. The bed however, was comfortable. Shower and bath room not great. The room wasn't all that clean. The area is not the most comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Steinmann D, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn and Suites Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Drew S:

I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us except for the comfortable bed. Nothing dampens a trip like a hotel with several issues going on. I truly wish that we had the opportunity to address these concerns for you. I know that we could have gotten you to a more comfortable room and come up with a satisfactory solution. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences.

Best wishes,