All reviews breakfast room yogurt tea and coffee making facilities min walk from the hotel jacuzzi bath rooms are a bit small waffle machine fine hotel new york few blocks subway station union st your luggage one night stay included breakfast never felt unsafe bottled water
Reviewed 26 March 2018

for the price it was great! My husband and I visited my daughter who lives in Brooklyn and this hotel was walkable to her apartment. It's tucked into an industrial like part of Brooklyn in the Gowanis section where she lives. We checked in late and there was some issue with a guest that the one person on the front desk was trying to deal with over the phone. He became quite animated so we thought we might be in for an uncomfortable night but we slept fine. Comfortable, clean, quiet. Will most likely stay there again when we visit our daughter again.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 March 2018

The pictures looked great on the internet , however that is not the case! The hallway had a bad smell to it. My door was broken and my kids could not open it. I had to do it every time. Then my key did not work and to get someone to fix it was an issue as well. The room had a funny smell and it is way to small for 4 people. Room 106 was very noisy with sounds coming from the outside and inside the hotel. I did not get a good night sleep!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Steinmann D, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn and Suites Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Thank you, cconti988808, for giving us this review. We appreciate your feedback very much. I am very sorry that so many aspects of your stay with us were unsatisfactory. You mentioned an odor in the hallway and in your room, a broken door, an inoperable room key, too small of a room, disturbance from other guests and outside noise. That's enough to make anyone's stay very unpleasant. It is our goal to do all that we can to make sure that your stay is enjoyable. The issues you mentioned are definitely areas that we could have addressed and resolved to your satisfaction. It seems that we missed the mark here and, once again, I am truly sorry about this. I believe that we can improve upon these aspects and wow you. I hope that you'll give us another try to do so.

Best regards.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

It's just not very nice. There is paint missing on doors and walls. The entire building smells like weed. The walls are paper thin and you can hear everything. The rooms are small and only the bed fits in it. The bed however, was comfortable. Shower and bath room not great. The room wasn't all that clean. The area is not the most comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Steinmann D, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn and Suites Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

Drew S:

I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us except for the comfortable bed. Nothing dampens a trip like a hotel with several issues going on. I truly wish that we had the opportunity to address these concerns for you. I know that we could have gotten you to a more comfortable room and come up with a satisfactory solution. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences.

Best wishes,
Guest Service Supervisor
Steinmann B. Dean

Reviewed 27 January 2018

Will never stay here again poorly ran establishmentAnd very much dissatisfied with size of room with extremely undersized room you’ll get better quality in a cheap motel with better amenities Bigger better with no interruptions this place is junk!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Steinmann D, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn and Suites Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2018

JacquelinemQ640QV:

I am so very sorry that we were unable to Wow you as intended. We try so very hard to make all our guests feel welcomed and comfortable, but it seems that we failed with you. This is unacceptable for us and we will definitely use the feedback that you provided to improve overall and in specific areas so that other guests won't have to share your sentiments. Thank you very much for sharing your invaluable thoughts with us.

Best wishes,
Steinmann B. Dean
Guest Service Supervisor

Reviewed 16 January 2018

The hotel looked nice enough from the website but, after driving over four years to the Red Lion, we were informed that we would be staying at the Red Lion's "sister hotel", a Holiday Inn Express four blocks away. Four blocks away isn't a huge distance but it would have been nice to know in advance that the hotel had been overbooked. They had our phone number and email after all. Won't consider the Red Lion for any future stays.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Steinmann D, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn and Suites Brooklyn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry that we relocated you to another property without advance notice. We do our best to make sure you're aware of any changes to your booking using the contact information we have for you. Based on what you've shared, it appears that we didn't get through to you ahead of your arrival. That can be quite the convenience. Again, I am sorry and especially so because we won't have another opportunity with you in the future.

Best wishes in 2018!