1,133 results
All reviews park slope u haul blue light free parking glass shower toilet area rooftop restaurant continental breakfast whole foods yogurt statue of liberty boutique hotel prospect park new york cream cheese manhattan view rooms are modern
Reviewed 30 June 2018 via mobile

Sadly, our experience at Hotel Le Bleu was different than most of the other reviewers. We found a hotel with a fair amount of deferred maintenance, including a very soft/lumpy mattress, minimal water pressure two of the four days for our morning showers, and mildew on the caulking in the bathroom. While we understand this is not a high price facility, it just did not meet our minimum requirements.

Pros- 1. Very nice and responsive staff. 2. Good location near Park Slope 3. Relatively large rooms for New York

Cons- in addition to those items mentioned above, 1. No restaurant or bar, 2. An “open” bathroom that does not allow much privacy (not good for teenagers with their parents or business travelers sharing a room) 3. A very noisy air conditioner

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Fred G,

Thank you for rating your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to give you a great experience, and I am pleased to learn that we were able to meet your expectations in many ways; though I regret to hear that you weren't thoroughly impressed with our air conditioner and bathroom as well. We appreciate your rating and are very glad that this annoyance didn't detract too much from your overall experience with us. We are working to take care of all of the issues that you addressed and we thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 29 June 2018

The good: The hotel location is excellent. One block from the subway and one block to 5th Ave where there are tons of bars and restaurants. The front desk staff was welcoming and very helpful. Fast check in and kept us updated with some water upgrades to the hotel. There was free parking but it is first come first serve and fills up but there is a parking garage across the street. Continental breakfast delivered to your room is excellent and fresh with nice Kurig coffee selection in the room. Other reviews complained of noise from other rooms but it was quiet during our stay. The 7th floor has a very nice terrace room that they are storing construction material. It was a pity that they could not use it as designed as it would open up a lot of potential for this hotel.

The bad: Everyone has commented on the glass bathrooms and no privacy. If you have privacy issues especially in the toilet you will not like these rooms. The rooms are fairly well worn (torn drapes, de-laminated furniture, worn wooden furniture - although comfy beds) and could be cleaned better. On the positive side it looks like they are just starting some well needed renovations. All the common areas are well kept up. The rooms have balconies which are wasted on the lower level as all you get is a view of the Uhaul and Yellow Taxi yard. Plus there is no seating on the deck If you get a balcony ask for a high floor room (6-7 floor) and you will have a nice view of Manhattan or Brooklyn.

Over all: Stay here for the location and hope that they can address some of the issues.

Stayed: June 2018

Dave G,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us how our staff efforts to provide a comfortable and convenient experience have been successful. We appreciate the compliments and the comments regarding areas where can improve. We are also forever working to improve upon the guest experience and I hope you will remember our attributes and return to see how we have improved to impress you even more.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Arrived around seven and their POS did not work. For those of you who don’t know what a POS is, don’t worry cause I did not know either until tonight. The POS is the machine that communicates with your credit or debit card.

Unable to communicate with their POS, I tried to contact my bank , frantically trying to solve this issue while the desk clerk was completely indifferent to my situation. Finally, I was told by my bank that my card had not been declined and that they could not see anyone seeking any authorization to debit it for any sort of payment.

So it was not my fault. It was their fault because their POS machine did not work.

Since the first night had already been paid, I was told that I could go up to my room for which I had already paid and that someone would remove everything from the room fridge and that I could go up after that had been done. I assume that this was done so that I would not steal any item from the refrigerator.

I also offered to pay cash after all my credit cards and my debit card had been declined but was told it was a cashless hotel. Cashless hôtel that had a POS that did not work.

So finally I was allowed to go to to my room.

It smelled dusty and my throat is tight cause of the dust so the room is not that clean.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Robert L,

Thank you for letting us know about the inconveniences that you encountered during your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate you taking the time to share this experience and we do apologize for the inconvenience this might have caused you. Our main goal is to serve our guests above and beyond and satisfy them during their stay but it is saddening to learn that your expectations weren't met. You are welcome to contact us at the Hotel, should you have any other concerns about your stay. We hope that you would consider us again in the future so we may change your views about our hotel and management.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Nice hotel, convenient to many sites in Brooklyn. Park Slope, Prospect Park, Brooklyn Museums and jus a few stops to Manhattan on the train. Staff always friendly and helpful. Continental breakfast of your choice delivered to rooms in basket. Comfortable rooms and beds.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2018

cazreads,

convenient experience have been successful. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the accommodations and service to be satisfactory. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next stay in the area.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

This was our second time staying at this hotel. Our family lives nearby and the location is great!! And the staff is awesome. The only thing I don't like about the room is that there is very little privacy when using the bathroom.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room that doesn't look over the U-hall center
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Nerissa M, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Le Bleu, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Thank you so much for your loyalty to our brand thwerner24! It is so rewarding to hear that we were able to provide a comfortable and convenient experience. We also appreciate your feedback regarding the bathroom as this will help us to continue to improve upon the guest experience. We hope you're looking forward to your next stay as much as we are!