See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 April 2016 via mobile

Basic room, clean hotel for the most part. I just needed to rest in between a 22hour drive. Stopped over in Brooklyn and I was able to reserve and check in with in 1hr. Hotel is very small and the parking lot is even smaller. Worst part of the hotel is the walls are paper thin and $100 per night is pricey, but the beds are comfy and if I needed another layover.... I'd stay again.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank ConsciousConsumer1
Reviewed 19 March 2016

The reception staff were nice and the room was really lovely - bright and modern with a good bathroom. However the door was made of paper, the noise of the ice machine clunking cubes into the bucket, the bell of the elevator and people coming and going kept us awake all night, and we were right at the end of the corridor! The open atrium meant you could hear every word in reception, parking was scarce (there are a handful of parking spaces for the whole hotel) and although it is walking distance to the subway the area could not yet be described as 'up and coming', more down and going... Breakfast was fair. I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: At the back away from the el train, higher up the better
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travellingcherry
Reviewed 3 March 2016

We spent a night at Hotel Luxe. More than a hotel, it looks like a pension. The reception works, although not extremely friendly. The room is nice and tidy, but the worst thing we noticed was that the heaters were not working. Since we live in Thailand and we are not used at all of cold temperatures, we were very scared. We were given an additional bed cover and even if asked, no reimburse was given.
Breakfast in the morning was quite ok, nothing but that. The area where the breakfast is served is simply embarrassing: it looks like an hospital canteen. The lift wasn't working during our check out, causing us another annoying delay of time.
I am not very used of the prices of accommodations in new york or US, but money for value is not something that this hotel has.

Room Tip: I guess the back rooms, far from the train noise
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fst85
Reviewed 17 December 2015

Well.....I don't know if I can review a hotel that I never actually stayed in! Myself and my friend were flying from the UK to New York as I was running the marathon on the Sunday (we were flying Friday morning ready to check in the same day). We got to the airport, checked our bags in and got through security when I noticed I had a missed call from a foreign number, and an email. The email said that the hotel was unable to honour our booking and sorry for any inconvenience!!! Are you kidding me?! We were ready to fly 8+ hours to another continent with nowhere to stay! I would say that was VERY inconvenient! It had been booked for quite some time as well so silly me presumed that we would actually be able to stay there. Judging by other reviews, I'm pretty glad we didn't. Incredibly luckily for us, we ended up getting a VERY last minute booking with the One UN Hotel, which was an amazing hotel and we had a great stay there! Sorry for the bad review considering I didnt even stay in the hotel, but this could have ended very badly for us, especially since I had the marathon to think about, and the experience has left a sour taste in my mouth.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with friends
7  Thank Northerngirl81
Reviewed 4 December 2015

I booked a room with this hotel and canceled it due to personal reasons..the hotel still charged me after confirming with me the fee would be waived.. it has been since October I yet to get my refund..this hotel is very unaccommodating I called for two weeks straight no manager how the employees handle business when he isn't around isn't professional at all..I would not recommend this to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
Stayed: October 2015, travelled with friends