See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 July 2015

So my daughter and I needed a hotel in Brooklyn, close to two of her friends who live in different parts of Park Slope. Based on the description this hotel gave, we booked it . In reality, it's in a totally different neighborhood that requires several subway rides. The hotel itself is adequate. Don't wake up early for their breakfast....there's barely anything to eat. They also use tons of styrofoam, and there are literally 3 tables. Literally. On the good side, the bed was comfy and the shower good. Rooms are clean.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank DebbieRochester_NY
Reviewed 24 June 2015 via mobile

Located a few minutes walk from the subway station and just a few stops away from Manhattan. The room was ok, but not as clean as expected. We had to ask for clean bed sheets as there were several staines in those on the bed. Room safe was not working and the did not manage to fix it. Breakfast very limited in a tiny breakfast room. Price was ok for a NY hotel

Date of stay: June 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank TomHarald
HotelLuxeNY, Owner at Hotel Lynx, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2015

Dear TomHarald, Thank you for your review. We appreciate your concerns regarding cleanliness which we will bring to the attention of our Housekeeping Staff. We do hope to see you again at our hotel so we can improve our services to achieve our guest satisfaction.

Reviewed 21 June 2015

This Hotel was the lowest priced real hotel in NY.
The area is gritty NY. Mix of low cost business and residential. Street dwellers to business types.
Did not feel insecure or threatened, but was always wary.

Pro's:
Hotel clean, room clean. Free breakfast. Bed comfy. Smelled good. 40in TV with Showtime. No smoking. Staff is friendly. Wifi was strong and fast. Vending machines inside - pop and snacks.
Hotel 3 blocks from 2 subway stations (A C). 1 block away from LIRR train stop.
8 mins by subway to Brooklyn city shopping, and the Atlantic train terminal. 15 mins to Manhatten.
Lots of food shops, and large supermarket within 5 minutes walk. Low to medium prices.
Laundromat is one building away. 1.75 to wash. 1.50 to dry.
7-11 across the street.
Hotel on main street. Taxis right outside.
20 mins to JFK, with no traffic. $35 flat with Everywhere taxi service.

Con's:
Room was small, but adequate.
No microwave and no fridge.
NO coffee maker in room. Coffee maker in lobby is a pain to use.
Breakfast is bagels and doughnuts --- every day.
My toilet bowl was shaky. Reported it on first day. Never fixed by Hotel. I asked for another room, but was told none available. I fixed it myself.
No ironing board. I asked for one. None delivered. Did not really need this though.
Lots of rooms face the street. My room was 4th floor, front corner, overlooking street and railway. Noise was noticeable, but not overbearing. Window is double-glazed, so the outside noise was muted.
AC was louder than usual. Drowned out TV.

I still gave 3 stars because it is what it is. Price and location were most important.

Room tip: Ask for a 4th or 5th floor, back room, away from street.
1  Thank dlion88
HotelLuxeNY, Owner at Hotel Lynx, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2015

Dear Dlion88, We appreciate your time in writing us a review. We appreciate the pro’s you’ve listed that benefited you during your visit. As for the Con’s, we do understand concerns and will address them appropriately so we can continue to provide the best possible customer service to all our guests.

Reviewed 17 June 2015

Stayed here for Valentine's weekend. The hotel is small but very modern. The room was very comfy and clean. Loved the set up. The concierge was very kind and helpful with everything. She recommended nice restaurants and was helpful getting the cab rides. It is very close to the Barclays Center.

Only thing I didn't like was that there was a strong smoke smell on the hallway but when I told the front desk about it she gave me a new room on a new floor.

Overall it was a good experience for a last-minute spot.

Date of stay: February 2015
HotelLuxeNY, Owner at Hotel Lynx, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2015

Dear Katalina08, Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your kind remarks. We understand that our hotel is a Non-Smoking property and at times, we have individuals that stay and do not obey the regulations. We do apologize for the inconvenience, but we are pleased that you were redirected so you can have a comfortable stay. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 4 June 2015

I chose the Hotel Luxe because it was near the LIRR and the subway, and was also quite inexpensive for NYC. As a place to stay, it was not too bad. The hotel's proximity to the train tracks was less of a problem, noise-wise, than the heating/AC system, which drove me crazy and kept me up most of our first night. By the second night, we managed to figure out how to get the system under control, so I had a much better sleep. On the plus side, the room was clean and not as small as some NYC accommodations, the free WiFi worked very well and was much appreciated, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. In general, however, I think the Luxe still has a way to go for its execution to match its aspirations. For instance, there's a free continental breakfast, but it's very carby -- continental breakfasts usually offer at least some protein nowadays. A little peanut butter or a dish of hard-boiled eggs would have been welcome. Not sure I would stay at the Luxe again if I had a cost-effective alternative in Bed-Stuy or Crown Heights.

Room tip: If train noise bothers you, ask for a room in the back of the hotel.
Date of stay: May 2015
1  Thank Ferrgus19
HotelLuxeNY, Owner at Hotel Lynx, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2015

Dear Ferrgus19, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel from your recent visit. We appreciate the concerns you have addressed such as the A/C Unit and our Breakfast. We will take those into consideration and do what we can to keep improving our services. We do hope to see you at Luxe again, and appreciate your input.