“6 STAR MEAL..Amazing View”
Review of The River Cafe

The River Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
The River Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 6,578 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Old Fulton St.
Transit: A or C train to High Street/Brooklyn Bridge; 2 or 3 train to Clark Street; F train to York St.; Bus #41 to Old Fulton St./Cadman Plaza West
Description: The River Cafe is open for Dinner service every day of the year. Dinner service begins at 5:30 Lunch is served on Saturday from 11:30 AM until 2:30 PM Brunch is served on Sunday from 11:30 AM until 2:30 PM
Reviewed 14 October 2015

I will begin by telling all of you trippies that gentlemen are required to wear a dinner jacket...and the prix fixe menu starts at $120 per guest..the hemingwayesque daiquiri was magical....really..the dinner rolls with salted butter were divine...the east coast oysters were fresh and the lemon pepper granita was one of the most marvelous accompaniments that I have ever had with an oyster..EVER...and I LOVE oysters..the hanger steak with red onion marmalade was the best hanger that I have ever had..The desserts were phenomenal..The meal itself deserved 6 stars...and there is an AMAZING view of Manhattan..

2  Thank heatherthirteen
Write a ReviewReviews (3,657)

Reviewed 13 October 2015

This was a special dinner for my wife's and my 60th birthday, we booked over 8 months ago, I'll keep this review short and sweet, it's Expensive!!..... is it worth it??......
YOU BET!! we had a magical night, window views thanks to the Maitre D, superb service from everyone, from the moment you get out of the Cab till the time you leave,
the food!! amazing (and I've eaten at the Dorchester in London) the ravioli was superb and the rack of lamb!! you could cut it with a credit card, combine superb service with outstanding food and amazing views....this was our experience of the River Cafe, Brooklyn

Reviewed 12 October 2015 via mobile

The river cafe is a little gem in Brooklyn. The food was delicious that I ordered plus the chefs compliments that were given were so good. But the real draw is the great view of the New York skyline. I would recommend requesting a window seat to get the best view.

1  Thank ryleigh86
Reviewed 11 October 2015

The bar at the River Café is magical - from walking through the beautiful gardens, down the brick drive to the unique view of the Brooklyn Bridge and Manhattan twinkling at night. The staff was impeccable. Expensive, but well worth it - note that jacket for men is required.

1  Thank lisacM3464TQ
Reviewed 9 October 2015 via mobile

This place came highly recommended but ended up being a huge disappointment. I firmly believe that if you grafted it somewhere without that view, it'd be out of business in a month.

The food was bland. My wife had the crab cake (crab meat formed into a cake), which was ok, but my wild prawns were hopeless; no flavor, and in some fatty, gelatinous mayonnaise. We both had halibut for our main and that was pretty ordinary. No flavor again. And $400 worth?

2  Thank Kevin J