“We love this place, but last time was such a disappointment”

SEA thai restaurant and bistro
Ranked #107 of 5,773 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Price range: US$3 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Berry St.
Transit: Located two blocks from the Bedford Ave. station on the L Train.
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

We’ve been customers of Sea restaurant for over 10 years. Always loved it, awesome food, great service. But yesterday was absolutely horrible experience. We ordered our food, so the waitress started bringing our food and we were short of 4 items. So we kept asking where the food was. Hour later we asked again, she said soon. We never waited that long. So we waited for another 10 minutes and we asked to cancel the order. So the waitress( her name is Maria, at least that’s how she said her name is), brought our bill, and to our surprise 2 out of the missing items were on the bill. I asked her about it, she left, was talking to the other waiters, came with correct bill.
Since we were not satisfied with the service we didn’t leave tips. We usually leave tips, yesterday was the first time we didn’t.
So the bill was $82 and change, we gave $85.
Maria came back with the tray, literally throwing it on the table and with the strong attitude saying:” Here is your change”.
Unbelievable !!!
Then we went upfront to ask to talk to the manager and we were told the manager was not in.
So then Maria came up with the food that we ordered to go, saying that the food is ready. They were giving it to us for free. But honestly the evening was ruined and we didn’t want anything already.
We were very upset about the whole experience at the restaurant.
I hope that it was the only flaw and it would not happen again

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

I have visited this restaurant twice now and each time I have loved it. The food is amazing and has lots of options to choice from. It’s really cheep and the restaurant itself is beautiful.

1  Thank Katy B
ResponseTeamNY, Customer Service at SEA thai restaurant and bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Thank you for the feedback Katy! It is evident that you are a happy customer and we would make sure that the feeling continues. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 7 January 2018 via mobile

Along with the food, the atmosphere is second to none, enjoy lunch or dinner by the indoor pool while flower petals float by! I had the salmon and was the best I've ever eaten, cooked to perfection and plated beautifully. Swing while you wait on their giant wooden Swing! I will be back!

Hello Stefani, Thank you for updating a feedback for us and penning down your experience. We're happy to see that you liked the ambiance here, as we believe that it plays a vital role in making a customer's experience memorable. It feels great knowing that you liked the salmon, calling it the best, means a lot to us! We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

thai restaurant serving good food (alot of selection and big portions) nice enough staff, play solid techno and house throughout the evening, well priced (10-14$ main 6-8$ side) overall enjoyed and would recommend

Hi Luke, Thank you for for giving us a try and updating a feedback. We're pleased to learn that the service along with the music was to your liking. Be back soon!

Reviewed 15 December 2017

Ok so I'm not new to the Sea restaurant, but the location I used to go to was in the meatpacking district. It seems like they closed down so I found out they had a second location in williamsburg so I decided to check it out. From the tables, to decor, to the bathroom this place was well thought out before opening. Everything was very modern and a clubby vibe which I don't really mind. Sea doesn't take reservations so you can just show up and request a table from the hostess. They ask for your phone number so they can text you when your table is ready. So the hostess told me that it will be a 20-30 minute wait, I didn't mind because it was a Saturday. Luckily it took about 10 minuted before I got a text and I was pretty happy it didn't take as long as it was predicted. So when were showed our table our waiter came right after (two thumbs up) and took drink orders. Drinks came out pretty quickly which is always a good thing. We ordered appetizers and our main course at the same time, which didn't take too much time to come out and everything we ordered was actually very flavorful which made me keep eating even though I was so full lol. The waiter was very attentive and always came to come check on us to see if we needed anything, which I really liked because it was so busy. But, overall this restaurant yet again didn't disappoint me. Will be back again.