“Good service/nice menue”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Carroll Street
Transit: F and G train - Carroll Street
Reviewed 7 May 2017

Different from other neighborhood places, so a nice change. Food is excellent, and service is very friendly. Definitely a good option

Reviewed 18 August 2016

Great inventive combinations of flavors in each dish. Nice size portions, not too much or little.
We were able to purchase a carafe of rose which is unusual, but for us the perfect size, and the price was reasonable. Attentive service. I would return.

Reviewed 29 July 2016

The four of us ate there on a Sunday evening and it wasn't crowded. We started off with a cocktail and then ordered a few appetizers and some main course dishes. The east cost squid, spring rolls, and the pork shoulder were excellent. I wouldn't describe this as a Vietnamese restaurant although Vietnamese cuisine is probably its inspiration. In any case the food was different from what I was expecting and it was incredible. Great Place!

1  Thank Noonan1224
Reviewed 30 June 2016

The cocktail menu was innovative and interesting, with ingredients I didn't recognize but enjoyed the taste. My beef pho was filling and tasty. The salad was fresh and a good contrast. Prices were reasonable for Brooklyn. The wait staff fawns a little too hard for my taste, but that could a generational thing. I would go back.

Reviewed 23 December 2015

My family and I eat here on average about twice a month; and whereas we miss their old deal--half off on bottles of wine on Sundays--we return again and again, secure in the knowledge that the food will be very good and the service most friendly. The nosh is broadly defined as Vietnamese-fusion, with American Southern incursions predominating. The menu is short, and we usually order the same thing each time: the outstanding fried squid appetizer, dressed in salt, pepper and lime, and the refreshing Vietnamese chicken salad. For the main course it's a choice of noodle bowls or one among a smattering of meat dishes: the port chop is fab. The bun cha bowl is outstanding, with juicy pork patties; and the pork shoulder with rice "sheets" and chili paste is a hearty, tasty, belly-filler. The jambalaya is very good, too, and packs a lot of heat (so beware). The wine list is pretty basic: quaffable plonk at a very reasonable price; and the bartender makes a lovely martini. The place is unpretentious and group-friendly (though book in advance if there are going to be lots of you, as the place is small). The bar is compact and comfy, too, and a good place to eat if you're on your own, or a deux. My bottom line: I love this place, and am grateful for its being just a short walk away from home!

1  Thank Tunku V

Been to Nightingale 9? Share your experiences!