“Scrumptious spot!”

Skyice Sweet & Savory
Ranked #1,378 of 6,648 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Ice cream heaven on Earth!!! This place has so many different ice cream flavors you've got to try...from their home made mango sorbet to their coconut ice-cream, it's all splendid!!! Loved their food and service. Must try!!!

Reviewed 3 August 2015

I ordered the 5 sampler and ordered the Belgian chocalate brownie and white miso sliced almond icecream for $7. For the sorbets, I had the mangosteen, lychee rose and mango sorbets. The sorbets were my favorite and the mango and lychee rose were the tastiest. I didnt think I would be able to eat all of my dessert but I sat my little self down and ate every bit of it and was disappointed when it was gone. The staff were very friendly and helpful. They allowed me to taste as many flavors as I wanted. The little restaurant/cafe is small and quaint. I will definitely return to check out some of the food and of course some other flavors of icecream and sorbet.

Reviewed 3 December 2014

I can't believe this place only has 2 reviews!!
I'm a bit of a foodie, so my friend and I felt blessed to stumble across Sky Ice, when we very nearly opted for a falafel joint round the corner.
My friend had spicy noodles with tofu and veg, and I had veggy green curry.
Both were divine! (There's the "delicious")
Our bill came to a mere $19! For 2 hungry people out for dinner in a trendy part of Brooklyn?! (There's the "outstanding", in the value for money!)
We didn't really see it as an ice-cream place, as most folk we saw were having some sort of curry/main course (yes, perhaps AND dessert) :-)

That was on our first night in NYC.
We tramped around 3 nights later, trying to find it and, determined as we were, we did.
Friend had spicy noodles again (I totally don't blame her, as even though I thoroughly enjoyed each of my choices, I was also envious of hers!), which she shared with me, and I had Hang Ko (I think?), which was also delicious.
I think the spicy noodles dish had the most amount of tofu and veg as part of it, and she struggled to finish it (oh dear ;-) )
We also had a starter of papaya salad, which was as tasty as in any 5 star restaurant I've had, except a portion that was massive enough for us to each have, in the the two bowls they brought us so we could share it.

3 Good reasons to go here:
1. You love Thai food
2. You enjoy fast, friendly service (although you can hang out in the funky environment afterwards, easily)
3. You're on a budget (for us, that was a bonus rather than a reason)

They also deliver, and we were gutted that we lived just a bit far outside their range (for the delivery cyclist), to be considered or we'd have had this every night.

Go here!

Reviewed 29 November 2014 via mobile

Sky Ice lived up to its hype. I honestly forgot where I heard it or saw it from. Was it on a blog? Or from a show about the best ice cream in the U.S., either on the Food Network or The Cooking Channel? Who knows.

From wherever I saw it, one thing was easy to remember: the Miso Soup ice cream.

Sounds gross I know. But when I finally visited last summer, aside from having an interesting taste, it was somehow delicious.

So, yes, please try it. While you're there, pls do order the sampler set. Slightly more expensive but if you are a group of two or more, you save money that way and taste more than one flavor. And, the presentation is gorgeous.

I also really loved the Thai Tea ice cream. Aside from the gorgeous burnt orange color, the taste is exactly that - thai iced tea. And for those who don't know what it is - try it at some point in your life. It's sweet with the just right amount of earthiness.

The place is basic. Humble. More than decent. I found the tables both too tiny and too heavy. They were better off if they simply used rustic shabby chic distressed wooden tables. The chairs are ok, thin metal ones like the ones you see at a garden patio.

As for the staff, super nice.

The place also doubles as a Thai restaurant where you can order food -mostly noodles and entrees with rice. Which makes sense during the winter when most ice cream-focused shops lose sales. The Thai food is on the pricier side, I think. I would try the food more regularly if the price was not that expensive. Or, at least they could offer combo meals that are at a lower price range, so people looking for lower-priced options have options.

Overall, the ice cream is what will make me come back every summer.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We went for ice cream after dinner- they have cool flavors that are fun to try (not actually order for an entire cup) like durian. The ice cream sandwiches are nothing to write home about (the cookies are not good) but definitely a nice place for a quick treat.