“A highlight of a city holiday”

Fletcher's Brooklyn Barbecue
Ranked #866 of 5,552 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 24 November 2015

Fletchers BBQ is a southern haven within the heart of Brooklyn NY. The staff were very friendly and welcoming who actually looked like they were having a great time and enjoying their jobs, and that's quite hard to find nowadays. The food was plentiful and didn't disappoint. I had a 1/2 pound of burnt ends that I have been informed that they have had people from all over America rushing to try them. They just melted in my mouth, they were as juicy as and orange, a great Smokey bark flavour. I gave one to my wife and she said "My god, why didn't I order them". My two teenage children demolished a very large pulled pork and chopped chicken sandwiches, but somewhat taken back with the vinegar base coleslaw, my wife she devoured a chicken breast that I didn't even have a look in. The range of side that were available was plentiful, we had Mac cheese, baked potatoes salad, chilli Mac and cheese and I could not believe the depth of flavour that within the collard greens, it was the nuts and must of been the best I've ever tasted. If I was ever in the area again Fletchers would be a must and if need I would wait hours outside for a seat.

Reviewed 9 November 2015

We stopped here as one of our stops on a BBQ hop. Fletcher's does BBQ properly. We tried the ribs,brisket and char siu pork. Both were moist, tender, delicious, and a nice amount of smoky flavor, not too overpowering. I would definitely eat here again while in Brooklyn.

Reviewed 7 September 2015 via mobile

Dropped in here on a whim since we were close by. Burnt ends were from the fattier part, so not my fav. But trim the fat and YUM! We realized after we received our tray of meats that we didn't get any sides hahaha, so no review for those :(. Cute place though, quick turnaround and great service. If your in the area and NEED some que quick, stop here!

Reviewed 23 May 2015

Went to Fletcher's on a Saturday night with my 2 sons. Got there at about 6:30 and beat the crowd. We sat at the counter and were immediately greeted by the smiling face of Chole, our server and bartender. Even though this place was packed she was friendly, helpful, talkative, and made a mean drink. Between the three of us we had, mac and cheese, collard greens, ribs, a chopped pork sandwich, and a beef brisket sandwich. Everything we put in our mouth was amazing. I have traveled from coast to coast and many places in the south and the heartland and I have to say this was one of the best BBQ places I have ever been to. The chef is Matt and even though he never stopped moving he was talkative and friendly. This place has become my favorite BBQ in Broklyn and one of my favorite places period. If you are a fan of BBQ you owe it to yourself to give this place a try.

Reviewed 12 May 2015

Still searching for a truly outstanding BBQ place in Brooklyn. Here, I had the St. Louis Ribs. Tender and meat falling off the bone, the way it should be and not like Hometown's ribs. The rub, though, is an unusual tasting one and while there is nothing wrong with it, you have to like it. It was fine, but not outstanding. I had the brisket. Kudos for their willingness to cut it in blocks like I enjoy it. It was a bit on the fatty side, and very tender, very tasty, but not quite as tasty as others I have had. Mac and Cheese is disastrous ... mostly melted cheese ... very gooey and the macaroni is almost lost in it. Honestly, I took a forkful and just left the rest. BBQ sauce much too ketchupy, but I believe that truly good bbq shouldn't require any bbq sauce.

Worth a try and worth an occasional trip here, but nothing outstanding.