“Genuinely Tasty Falafel”
Review of Oasis

Oasis
Ranked #451 of 6,646 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Reviewed 25 September 2017

My wife and I stopped in for a snack on a Sunday. It has an unassuming store frontage but step inside and you are treated to the wonderful aroma of freshly made falafel. A falafel with pita/tahini tasted delicious. Fresh, not greasy or filler. Very nice snack and a good place to stop for a quick bite. Keep in mind that it appears that much of the food is to go as there is very limited space and seating inside.

1  Thank MisterCheeky

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

This place has no street appeal & is nothing inside to stay & linger for BUT.....the falafel in a pita with tahini was so good I didn't miss not eating meat. The spices & herbs were perfect & not too garlicky.

Get it to go & add some salads on the side. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank YNWATravelBug
Reviewed 21 August 2017

We ventured into this restaurant due to reviews that suggested they had the "best falafels in town."

We ordered the falafel plate, which is five falafel balls, a mixed salad, baba ganoush, hummus, beet salad, mini dill pickles, and 2 pita breads. Amazing amount of food for the price! On top of that, it was YUMMY! While the falafels are very good, they are not "the best in town."

We also ordered the zaatar bread, which is basically pita bread topped with lots of zaatar spice and a load of olive oil. It is then grilled for a short time. While I love zaatar, I found this to be way too oily for my liking as did my dining guests.

If in the neighborhood, it's a great choice for lunch or dinner.

PS - If this review was useful, please click the HELPFUL button on your phone or you can click the THANK YOU button on your computer. I'd appreciate it! :-D

2  Thank Cynderella43
Reviewed 1 May 2017

We were walking down the streets , investigating the scene in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, NY. My friend and I saw this sign saying Falafel and Shawarma. We decided to take a peek. We saw a counter and some tables but what we really liked is we saw a line of people.
So we went in and started ordering from all the delicious looking food in the cabinets and counter. Service was fast!
We started out with a Vegetarian Sampler,
Mix any 5 cold appetizers, comes with hummus, baba ghanouj, 2 grape leaves and 2 falafel, for $12.00 this plate was piled high with delicious vegetarian delites of our choice. I also ordered a beet salad, was delicous and tender.
My friend ordered a Mixed Shawarma Plate
Combination of chicken, beef and lamb and I ordered a Shish Kabab Plate of Juicy pieces of marinated, charcoal grilled lamb to perfection. All OASIS plates served with warm rice, salad, and hummus or baba ghanouj. They put everything on it for us and we tried both hot and sweet sauces. The falafel was fresh and you can watch them cooking it as your ordering. You get fresh pita also with your orders.
We also got 2 sodas. Our table was covered with food to much actually for 2 people all for around $40 - no waiter service. they have a few tables and a window counter and take out and delivery.
When we left the line was even longer out the door and the voices inside were from all countries as so many different languages were being spoken. Not a classy location but great food! Recommended!~

Reviewed 5 January 2017

I tried the shawarma, and the taste was amazing, it's one of the best meals I've ever had. Nice people in the shop, I recommend this restaurant.