All reviews shared bathroom bottled water prospect park home away from home subway station top floor comfortable bed new york brownstone manhattan
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

We stayed here 5 nights. It was awful. Run down. Had a nasty smell. Shabby furnishings. No where did it say there was a shared bath. The bathroom was not cleaned once during our stay nor were fresh towels provided. And the bathroom had giant cockroaches. We never saw the hostess except for check in.
Do not stay here.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

I stayed there from 5 July to 11 July 2017 . It was a beautiful neighborhood and restored home. Very convenient to Flatbush Blvd with many diverse restaurants and little stores for food coffee . The subway was two blocked away with a straight route to Downtown New York.
My biggest complaint was my bed it was hard my friends bed was a pillow top and very comfortable the daughter offered to move my up stairs to a room with a very comfortable bed but I wanted to stay close to my friends. The rooms on the second floor were very spacious with a couch, dressers and a large closet. They should not call it a B&B they do not have any breakfast. There is a kitchen on 3rd floor with a coffee maker and coffee. Refrigerator with bottled water . The pantry had items in it we left all our food items that were there for the other guest to use. We had to ask for new towels after the second day . I am planning to return to New York next year and I will come back and recommend this place to everyone.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 January 2017 via mobile

Wonderful ground floor apt. Everything as advertised. Our host was perfect, non intrusive but right there when needed. She even anticipated some needs. Lots of tour, attraction Info and a desk for writing, laptop whatever. The Q subway is 4 blocks away. It Intersects with most other lines and has stops Coney Island up through central Manhattan. Bus connections are even closer.
There is a nice 24 hr grocery, deli and a grocer produce store between the apt and the subway. But, u might want to eat at the several nearby restaurants. My favorite things were Prospect Park, the Brooklyn Museum, the tenement museum and the 20 min access to Broadway plays, restaurants.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan O
Reviewed 28 April 2016

Breakfast was not offered or available. Wifi signal weak on upper floor and my room had no TV. Stayed 3 nights and never saw owner - which is weird for a B&B. Only positive was common kitchen had fridge, microwave and coffeemaker if you wanted to buy groceries to make your own breakfast

Room Tip: Pick a room not facing front/street
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Clifford C
Reviewed 14 October 2015 via mobile

We wanted to stay somewhere that was a little less expensive without substituting quality - a reasonably difficult thing to do when travelling unless you luck out. We stayed for four days and we were extremely happy with the room. It was spacious, the bed was super comfortable and the whole house was clean and classy looking. It's a little bit out of the way situated in Prospect Park Brooklyn, but it's well worth the commute to the city. The hostess was also very friendly and genuinely cared about our stay at the B&B. Consider lodging out of the city and save some cash at Lefferts if you're visiting New York.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple