All reviews rooftop bar brooklyn bowl floor to ceiling windows brooklyn brewery manhattan view mini bar is exposed brick king room heated floors restaurant downstairs new york high ceilings east river few blocks l train hotel is beautiful luxury hotel
Reviewed 4 November 2016 via mobile

I was worried before to see that hotel.
Those kind of trendy place are usually disappointing.
That place is completely different : Nice loft/industrial décoration.
The staff had been very helpful.
Good job!

Stayed: November 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2016

First the good: For the most part, all of the staff I interacted were kind, gracious and helpful. The location is OK for Williamsbug...and is obviously getting better all the time. The bed was pretty comfortable.

But: Almost $500 a night for a cell with a bed is not worth it, period the end. I had clients who wanted to stay here. Out of a group of seven, one person had a great room. However mine, and several others in the group, and smaller queens. The only furniture in the room was a bed and a small ice cream parlor style table with two simple wooden chairs...the kind ice cream parlors use that are comfortable just long enough to eat your ice cream.

Despite the floor to ceiling windows, the building next door blocked much light from getting in. At night, it was not bright enough to read anything...a problem at this time of year when it's getting dark shortly after 5. The bathroom had no place to put anything. The heat could not be controlled and I couldn't get it below 74 in the room....with the heat off...until I opened the window...thank God that was an option.

The restaurant was cool and the food very good but way overpriced. Despite the no-tipping policy, it was no bargain. $32 for lunch...five chicken nuggets, an ounce (maybe) of greens and a pastry...and I walked away hungry.

Cool design is cool...but not to stay in.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 October 2016

After reading the mixed reviews of Wythe Hotel regarding loud noise from the bar, sparsely decorated rooms and not very service minded reception, I was a bit skeptical. Having received a room recommendation from a TA member (thank you!), my wife and I decided to take a chance and book a room for 4 night at Wythe. We were eager to stay in a hotel in Brooklyn and Wythe seemed, despite some complaints, perfect to us. And it was indeed perfect! Everything was better or even much better than we had expected. The location was perfect, the front desk was nice, the room (Manhattan view King room) was spectacular, even the view of the Manhattan skyline was better than expected. To be able to follow the changes over the morning, day and evening through our wall to wall window was worth every penny (it's not cheap). Fantastic breakfast and dinner places near by (Five Leaves and Café Mogador). I prefer staying in Brooklyn any time!

Room Tip: Manhattan view King room
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

We had a great stay at this hotel. The rooms are very rustic modern and we had a small outdoor space that had a cool mural as a backdrop! Loved the room however only giving 4 stars because the rooms aren't completely sound proof. We had neighbors beside us that were a lot more fun than we were and I had to make a call to the front desk at around 1am. In spite of that would definitely return. Staff are attentive and the restaurant has delicious food! Also, amazing view of manhattan from the 6th floor bar!!

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jan S
Reviewed 24 October 2016

I stayed in one of the bunk rooms (with awesome floor to ceiling glass windows) last month. The hotel retains its industrial look and feel while also managing to be stylish and comfortable. The staff were really friendly and accomodating. The Ides rooftop bar is the place to be at sunset with an unobstructed view across the East River to the Empire State and Chrysler Buildings. The hotel restaurant does a brilliant coffee/ breakfast. The Wythe is in a really trendy neighbourhood, directly across the road from the Brooklyn Bowl and Brewery. It's a short walk to Bedford Ave (with an array of bars and restaurants) the subway (one stop to Manhattan) and East River Ferry. My only minor complaint over my four night stay was noisy neighbours + polished concrete floors = limited sleep.

Room Tip: a corner room would provide the best views
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business