“Vegan Asian restaurant”

Dao Palate
Ranked #1,267 of 5,805 Restaurants in Brooklyn
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 6 July 2017

My wife and I stopped in the Dao Palate on the recommendation of our daughter, who lives nearby. It was (early) lunch time, and, not only were there no customers, there was no staff. I called "hello" several times, and I finally had to knock on the kitchen door to find someone to take care of us. I had sweet and sour soy protein, and it was much more sweet than sour. My wife had vegetables with brown sauce, and she enjoyed it.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

Oddly, the extensive menu is the same here and at Wild Ginger and Jujube Tree in Queens. The food is tasty and portions full, and if you enjoy vegan Asian it will be hard to make a final decision. Service is oddly less than effusive as well as semi-responsive. Apparently, the liquor license is no longer valid so it is BYO. (There is a liquor store across the street with a decent selection of cold Italian and French dry rose, perfect for dinner.) We would certainly return but not just yet.

Reviewed 9 July 2016

Wow, what a delight to find this place! Delicious, fresh ingredients and an interesting menu! Very clean, nice atmosphere! Not expensive, in my opinion. I would have liked to try everything on the menu! I hope to visit again when I next travel to Brooklyn!

Reviewed 7 March 2016

If you are anywhere within range of the delivery of this restaurant, take advantage of the opplrtunity and order. This is vegan cuisine that everyone will like. Excellent sauces compliment all the appetizers (spring or sumer rolls, bbq seitan, spinach shumI), or main dishes (try the wonderful curry stew or tofu teriyaki), stir fry, noodle soup or soba. It is ever so yummy, inexpensive and delivers late via seamless - for free.

Reviewed 15 December 2015

The lettuce wraps here are delicious and taste like (according to my husband the carnivore) "chicken." They also serve wonderful fresh juice drinks. I get the coconut water --served in its shell, so you can also scoop the meat out. This place also does promtp and fresh delivery--my kids ask for Dao Palate as a special treat for dinner.